OCC Review: Coolink Silentator Heatpipe Cooler

OCC Review: Coolink Silentator Heatpipe Cooler

Being a reviewer, Coolink has provided me with 3 different mounting kits and a required mounting kit (pressure springs and fastening brackets). These were for LGA 775, AM2 and K8 (754, 939 and 940). However, as a consumer, you must choose which kit you need before purchasing, as the Silentator will be available in one of these three varieties. Coolink also provide a mounting bracket for a fan controller, as well as a long steel screwdriver with a 90 degree bend in it. This is required for mounting in some cases, as the mounting bolt must be accessed from through the cooler itself (seen later). Some extra goodies include a 3-pin fan to Molex adaptor (in the event that you don

Seems like a nice cooler. It would be interesting to see how it would compare to the Noctua which is so similar (with a good reason obviously).

Good review as well, not bad for a first run out. :)

Seems like a nice cooler. It would be interesting to see how it would compare to the Noctua which is so similar (with a good reason obviously).

Good review as well, not bad for a first run out. :)

Oh and thanks again for assisting with the image processing...one day I'll figure out Photoshop properly!

As for the comparison to the Noctua, I believe it is actually the exact same heatsink, so it'd be down to the performance of the fans used.

Very thorough review. Anyone who hasn't read it before installing this cooler is in for a big surprise come installation time. I am surprised that it stood up to the Ninja so well. However, I wold not purchase this cooler simply due to the maintenance required for initial installation or upgrade.

Very thorough review. Anyone who hasn't read it before installing this cooler is in for a big surprise come installation time. I am surprised that it stood up to the Ninja so well. However, I wold not purchase this cooler simply due to the maintenance required for initial installation or upgrade.

While it was an involved installation, with a bit of forethought and planning, it was (in hindsight) actually quite easy. Hopefully though, people won't fall in to the same traps I did ... if only you could have heard the colourful language coming from my mouth when I realised that the tray wasn't going to slide in ... !

lol yes, the name is a bit amusing...but then as I said - it fits in nicely with the other "special ones".

I think that in a bigger case, people would find that their temps were even better, due to better airflow and probably better (bigger) fans getting rid of that air.

• 2 weeks later...
As for the comparison to the Noctua, I believe it is actually the exact same heatsink

Note to those interested: this cooler is NOT the same as the Noctua - one of the helpful guys at Coolink explained this to me:

"Firstly, the Silentator has ony got 3 heatpipes whereas the

NH-U12F has got 4. Secondly, the shape of the fins is different as you

can see here: http://www.dvhardware.net/reviews/noctua_nh_u12f/6.jpg

As a result, the NH-U12F has a larger surface area than the Silentator."

Forgive my misstatement! Either way, after a couple of weeks with the cooler in my case, I've had no problems whatsoever. I hope that more people have considered this as a viable option :)