What Are Your "HONEST" Opinions On Windows 10?

Rokkaholik

Since introduction of Windows 8 everything seems to simple yet so complicated. Advanced (not so) options like network configuration is like so hidden... I prefer Windows 7.

Is like the 8 and 10 are for Tablets, Smart TV because the "MENU" is just.... I need a desktop with icons not that cellphone oriented menu...

It's comments like these that make me believe you (and those that say these claims) never actually tried Win10, and are just going by what you assume based on 8 (or worse, hearsay)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried out Win-10 on multiple PCs here. I really didn't like it at all.

I ended up keeping it on a Dell Laptop (i7 CPU, 8GB RAM, 480GB SSD) and went back to Win-7 with everything else.

All was good for a month and a half and then the Dell crashed. It crashed hard, and it was lost. There was no bringing the OS back, even calling Microsoft didn't help.

Then, I tried a reinstall of Win-10 and it wouldn't work. Installing Win-7 wouldn't happen either. Linux?...no.

Nothing could detect the drive anymore.

(insert lots of time here researching and trying out solutions that didn't work)

I finally used Acronis True Image to clone another blank drive to it and that reset it. I installed Win-7 onto it and I haven't looked back.

Seems to me w10  is great if you like the latest and newest os, in my opinion Big brother already knows too much about what we use our equipment for, (pc's, celll phones, tablets, etc. ) and w10 is not for a lot of users, (and yes,I've used it since the beta release on one of my machines) . To get work done quickly I use w7 with updates turned off until I want to update, not when microsoft tells me to .