Grand Theft Auto V Reviewed

Must warn those who don't have more than 8gb of ram...you must turn on virtual memory!  I have looked into this extensively since I replaced my mobo and my 16gb gskill is incompatable with the extreme4 so im using my girlfriends 8gb corsair set and to save space on the SSD I have always turned off virtual memory.  Running with only 8gb and no virtual memory I keep running into lack of memory errors and it shuts the game down.  The odd thing is upon watching memory usuage it doesn't go above 60% when playing GTA 5.  Rumors are there are memory leaks which causes your system to need more than the 8gb they are saying is needed.  Now after turning on the virtual memory I notice where the game gets choppy and sluggish. It really happens in the pause menu....its very irritating! 

is there a single player option i not a fan of online game play and i would really like to play it

but dont want to waist $60 just to be frustrated be cheaters  

Most definitely. That's what the review really covers. I did spend some time in GTA Online, but little compared to the single-player story.

Pretty much the entire game of GTA V is single player. GTA Online is an entirely different section and you don't need to even set foot in it if you don't want to.

is there a single player option i not a fan of online game play and i would really like to play it

but dont want to waist $60 just to be frustrated be cheaters  

Most definitely. That's what the review really covers. I did spend some time in GTA Online, but little compared to the single-player story.

thank you after world war z and dayz it kinda left a bad taste for online gaming 

its sad that the lack of skill causes some to ruin the game for everyone 

and i may be alone in saying that mods/hacks should be left to single player only and online should be left pristine as the game designer intended 

Must warn those who don't have more than 8gb of ram...you must turn on virtual memory! I have looked into this extensively since I replaced my mobo and my 16gb gskill is incompatable with the extreme4 so im using my girlfriends 8gb corsair set and to save space on the SSD I have always turned off virtual memory. Running with only 8gb and no virtual memory I keep running into lack of memory errors and it shuts the game down. The odd thing is upon watching memory usuage it doesn't go above 60% when playing GTA 5. Rumors are there are memory leaks which causes your system to need more than the 8gb they are saying is needed. Now after turning on the virtual memory I notice where the game gets choppy and sluggish. It really happens in the pause menu....its very irritating!

Never run without at least a small page file.

Must warn those who don't have more than 8gb of ram...you must turn on virtual memory! I have looked into this extensively since I replaced my mobo and my 16gb gskill is incompatable with the extreme4 so im using my girlfriends 8gb corsair set and to save space on the SSD I have always turned off virtual memory. Running with only 8gb and no virtual memory I keep running into lack of memory errors and it shuts the game down. The odd thing is upon watching memory usuage it doesn't go above 60% when playing GTA 5. Rumors are there are memory leaks which causes your system to need more than the 8gb they are saying is needed. Now after turning on the virtual memory I notice where the game gets choppy and sluggish. It really happens in the pause menu....its very irritating!

Never run without at least a small page file.

On a 16gb ram set how small? For now I just set it to 100mb minimum and 1024 max...should I go higher or lower?

Edited by MadMan