RIP Tom Clancy

ClayMeow

i'm feeling procreational, ...never read tom clancy

You don't have to have read his novels to know who he is though. Like I said earlier, he also has his name behind movies and video games. As long as you know who he was, you haven't been living under a rock.

He hasn't just contributed to literature, he has contributed to entertainment in general - the movies and video games based upon his books are some of the best there are. Hopefully the new Jack Ryan movie and upcoming Rainbow Six game do him proud.

That's true. I've played most of the Rainbow Six games and loved them all. Haven't seen any of his movies, at least that I'm aware of, but I might add them to my watch list.

He hasn't just contributed to literature, he has contributed to entertainment in general - the movies and video games based upon his books are some of the best there are. Hopefully the new Jack Ryan movie and upcoming Rainbow Six game do him proud.

That's true. I've played most of the Rainbow Six games and loved them all. Haven't seen any of his movies, at least that I'm aware of, but I might add them to my watch list.

See the four films under "Known for" here: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002007/

All four need to be watched!

I remember choosing The Hunt for Red October for my 10th grade research paper(everyone called me crazy because it is a 600+ page book). That was probably one of the only books in all of my highschool years that I enjoyed reading for a research paper. I need to read it again and get the rest in the series, the books are really fantastic.

I saw this when I woke up(Got a notification from CNN I think on my phone) and was just like "well, today isn't gonna be any good". RIP.

Edited by Krieg1337