Where did you put your Temp Probes?

I just got a fancy fan controller, This one

All I needed was the card reader, but I like the cool blue lights....

It has 4 Temp Sensors, and I am trying to decide where to put them.

Technically speaking, this is really cosmetic stuff as all we are really able to monitor is air / external temps, but I was wondering how/what folks monitor.

Where are your temp probes attached?

I was thinking:

One in the PSU (not that anyone really cares about this)

One behind the front intake fan for Input / room Temp

One between the rear output fan and the case for output Temp

One in, on, or around, the GPU HS. Since I have cross fire, maybe one on both and skip the PSU

Maybe 1 in the CPU HS Fins? (does anyone do that?) (use coretemp when it matters)

About to replace my 3x Raptor 36GB Raid 0 with an SSD, so I won't care about HDD Temps.

DIMMs, there are 4, so which one? But might be interesting to see if one gets hotter than the other .... Humm... (yea, like I have that much extra time on my hands)

Thanks for the feedback.

I have one in front of the psu where hot air builds up(unless you have an top intake/exhaust) one on my middle ram module one by my gpu and one at the cd/dvd drive for ambient case temp. I have a clock/thermometer on my desk for room ambient

Those sensors to my knowledge are actually designed to go in between you CPU and CPU cooler, GPU/ GPU cooler and so on... But yeah you can put them just about anywhere you feel you may have a hot spot and wanting to monitor it. That is a very nice controller also, looks slick!

Those sensors to my knowledge are actually designed to go in between you CPU and CPU cooler, GPU/ GPU cooler and so on

No.

No matter how small they are they disrupt the performance of the heatsink.

No.

No matter how small they are they disrupt the performance of the heatsink.

Could be for some i suppose. I've never had any problems with loss of performance on any I've ever installed under heatsinks... Just sliding the very tip of the probe in between shouldn't cause any problems, none that I've ever had...

at first i put mine on the NB, CPU and GPU wedged between the heatsink fins in various ways.

then i put them back in the box they came in.

i already have enough messy wiring in my PC to bother with a couple of fairly inaccurate sensors (well they may have been accurate, just a little useless knowing the temperature of my heatsinks!).