Final Fantasy XIII

WhenKittensATK

They finally released a localized (English) trailer for Final Fantasy XIII.

Theme song: My Hands by Leona Lewis from her album Echo (2009).

Release Date: March 9, 2010 (PS3/360; USA/EU/AUS)

The older Japanese Trailer

Theme song: kimi ga iru kara "Because You're Here" by Sayuri Sugawara

Release Date: Dec 2009 (Japan PS3 only)

Going to be a PS3 purchase. One disc to rule them all.

Edited by Krazyxazn

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game is the sole reason one of my friends bought a PS3 lol. I told him to wait till the prices dropped but he didn't listen and bought it back in '08. I believe he's played MGS4 and maybe LBP on it in that time.. otherwise he just applies to business schools. :lol:

I am getting this on the PS3 also, since it only needs one disc (dual layer hopefully) like Krazyxazn said. Why get the heavily compressed, multiple disc affair for the 360 when I can just pop in one disc and play the entire game in my chair. Ahh, life is good. Except for the huge amount of games coming out at the same time.. like God of War 3, ModNation Racers, Heavy Rain and White Knight Chronicles.

Was the last Final Fantasy any good?

I tried the demo and couldn't get into it at all. Last FF I really enjoyed was 7. I haven't tried 8, 9 bored me to tears and only finished it because back then I actually finished the games I bought, and 10 got boring mid-way thru ...then bleh. I don't know if my tastes just changed or if the quality is actually going down.

Did anyone else find the english voice acting not so good? I felt it was a little amateurish for an accomplished title...

Yes, and I kind of felt like, "Well, what's the point of buying the game if the WHOLE PLOT was just seemingly laid out for me..."

But in all, I think that the Japanese voice-acting was superior, mainly due to the fact that if you listened to that first and the English second, the personalities of the characters became hopelessly lost in "translation".

I owned/played FF 7, 8, 10, 10-2, and 12. Basically liked all of them. Not sure if the quality has gone down or not, but it feels the same to me every new game.

The last game, FF 12 was okay. Introduced a new fighting system with free roam and gambits. Gambits are like programming your characters to fight on their own. If you played Dragon Age: Origins and used the Tactics menu, its the same idea. FF 12 had some nice zones to power level early in the game :D.

I really loved the Materia system in FF7 - you could come up with some wicked combos with that. Didn't play 8 so can't comment on that. Not sure what about 9 that didn't pull me in but I suppose it held my attention long enough for me to finish it. And 10 was just boring all around - very nice visually but gameplay wasn't there. The combat wheel was new and interesting at first but didn't hold my interest.

I think I just started getting tired of the whole random battles in general - sometimes you just want to explore and progress ...even though it is kind of hard to imagine a FF without it.

Your kidding. I loved that card game in FF8 haha. I don't think I ever lost a card game playing it.

YES FF8's card game was cool. though it was a mini-game, not really a necessary component to the game itself, and not a reason to belittle ff8 at all, imo. I've only really played FF8, loved the story and characters. And I plan on getting FF13, since it's also being released for the 360 ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the good ole 360 version will require 3 discs. At least they were able to hit their target of 3 discs, but I can only imagine how compressed the files must be. Good to see the PS3 version will only need one Blu-Ray so I can just leave that in my system and not have to worry about swapping out the discs. :P