KArajan Audio and Front panel mismatch?

Ok. I have the thermaltake Armor case and the DFI expert board. Im trying to get my mic to work using the 'top/front' connections on the case. I ran the wires to the Karajan audio module and wound up with an extra wire from my case....and the wrong combo.

so here is what i have.

Case Wire-------------------Karajan Audio

Ear R-------------------------Line_Out_R

Ear L-------------------------Line_Out_L

Return R---------------------Mic_R

Return L---------------------Mic_L

Mic In-------------------------VCC

Mic VCC----------------------UNCONNECTED

Ground-----------------------Ground

Line_Out_Left_Front------UNCONNECTED

Line_Out_Right_Front----UNCONNECTED

N.C.---------------------------UNCONNECTED

9 connections on the mobo, only 6 wires coming from case. I originally had Mic VCC from the case connected to VCC to the mobo, then Mic IN was left unconnected which made no sense. Someone else posted the above connections with the same mobo and case but it doesnt work for me.

so....can anyone enlighten me as to which wires i screwed up? thanks.

Choo

On my Thermaltake Soprano:

[b]Board				--> Case[/b]

Line_out_left		--> EAR L

Line_out_right	   --> EAR R

Mic_Right			--> MIC VCC

Mic_Left			 --> Mic-IN	   

Line_out_Left_front  --> Return L

Line_out_Right_front --> Return R

VCC				  --> nothing

GND				  --> Ground

Rear audio out mutes when front audio used (that's the purpose of the "return" cables).

I need to turn mic boost on.

I was having the same problem awchoo. So I decided to stop in here to see if anyone had a solution. I set mine up the same way as CamB and it's working fine. Just like to say thanks and hope you can get it worked out awchoo.

I have my Front Panel plugs in anticipating the final pieces of my build. You are saying that the back panel porst corresponding will not work with the front panel plugged in the mobo? If so, what are these "return" cables needed and where can I get some reliable ones?

Black Dought...If you take the 2 jumpts off the karajan module , those back ports will no long work for audio. So when you connect your front case cables to the module, only those will work.

CamB, thanks for your config. ....I set it up this way and my mic still has not worked. But since ColdShadow has the same config and his is up to snuff, I'm thinking I have a driver issue somewhere and will look at it in the morning.

I have my Front Panel plugs in anticipating the final pieces of my build. You are saying that the back panel porst corresponding will not work with the front panel plugged in the mobo? If so, what are these "return" cables needed and where can I get some reliable ones?
If it's the P180 case in your sig just remove the 2 jumpers from the module and plug the front audio connector right onto the module.

-pickles

Hi

I have a Nitro AX series Case, i guess noone knows it but it fits my needs. So i hooked up the Front audio and everything worked fine, i coukd use BOTH (front and rear) audio connectors (didnt try both at the same time) but soomeday i had suddenly no sound out of the green jack, the others worked properly. So i removed the Front Audio and placed the Jumpers as explained in the Manual, now i have sound on the rear again. Kinda strange........

Only the Sound Output was affected. I measured my Front audio Cable with a DMM but all pins have Contact. What did i wrong???