travism21

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I put together a pretty nice system earlier today when looking at a mITX build.

Did an i5 3450 with a Gigabyte Z77 board, 8 gigs of RAM,240 Gig SSD, Optical drive, BitFenix Prodigy and a PSU for around $650. Throw in a good video card and you have a sub compact BRUTE!!!

Hey Travis - trying to put myself in the "what would I do" position - here is where I'd find myself;  (everything sourced from Newegg)

not bad, but i would drop the ssd for a standard terabyte hdd, and what is the amd game coupon thing?

As for the SSD options - I personally wouldn't consider building a new rig without trying to fit an SSD into the budget somehow.

i woundn't mind having one but i would only use to store the OS on and for that i would only need around a 50gig one

Bummer  :(

On the bright side prices on some components may drop by some then.  And don't discount the AMD offerings either.  For all practical purposes a 4 - 6 core AMD processor might be found for an even better price than what the Intel stuff is going for, and in many instances you can find AMD based boards at better pricing than their Intel based counter parts.