Need help ( HD 7950 Vapor X )

Bojan85

In the end, the thing that was causing the shutdown, was psu, I replaced it with another, but a little bit more powerful, 725w with 48a on 12v single rail for gpu, and now it's working fine. I want to thank you all for your advices, they were very helpful, and happy new year everybody  :wave:  :wave:  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Well, I gone for cheaper one, not branded again, just wanted my pc to stop from shutting down, it was annoying. :doh: It's Sentey, here is a link, https://www.sentey.com/en/xpp-725-watts-xpp725-ps, check it out, it seems it's not bad, since I won't be doing any overclocking, this psu should be fine for now. What psu I should buy for my configuration, for everything to run smooth? Thanks :no:

Easiest way for me to buy is in my country, Serbia, Sentey was sent to me from America by a friend. I'll give you a link for psu's in my town, and if you find a nice one, not too pricey or too powerful, please write it down. 

http://www.itsvet.com/kategorija/napajanja/comp_comp_powersupply

On the left are manufacturers, and when you choose one, they highlighted which ones available. Thanks a lot for your help. :wave:

What's you max budget?

And glad to help :)

As it stands I'd get the: Super Flower Golden Green PRO SF-750P14XE 750W

If that's too expensive I could go look for 650-750W, because that was the best quality 750W I saw for the cheapest

Edited by IVIYTH0S

But again, new problem appeared. New PSU (sentey) started causing problems. Some sort of crackling noise is manifesting from backside of psu, moving cable up or down, make it disappear for a moment, but it starts again in a few moment, when cable moves to its natural position. I'm furious right now :vmad:  :wallbash:

And I checked Amazon for reviews of sentey psu, and there are tons of people reporting blow ups, low performance etc. Also there are normal reports, that psu is great etc. I don't know what to believe. My one week experience with this psu is not enough to make any sort of conclusion, because, one moment is fine, second...starts crackling, then stops after a few minutes, then starts again etc etc. Meanwhile, temperatures stays in a normal range (cpu-30c, mobo-31c, hdd-20c, gpu-35-37c), and all voltages are in normal value as its presented in their manuals. Is there any way of combining two psus to work in one system? One to power up the motherboard, cpu, hdd, and all other stuff, and one to operate with gpu? To remind everyone, psus in question are: LC Power 6600 V2.2 (http://www.lc-power.de/index.php?id=181&L=1) and Sentey XPP 725W (http://www.sentey.com/en/xpp-725-watts-xpp725-ps). If I need to move this topic to another section, just mention it. :rolleyes:  

unfortunately your experience seems to back the general consensus that the PSU is the most important component in your system, and no expense should be spared getting the right one.

You are much better off getting a cheaper CPU/RAM/GPU or Motherboard than you are getting a cheap PSU.

If I was in your shoes, I would not be using this PC any more till you have a decent PSU. I highly  that when the Sentey PSU explodes, its going to protect any of your components from Damage. Nor would I hold out much hope that Sentey would pay out for replacing any of your damaged components.

I would be looking at installing something like this for your system: http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Builder-Series-Watt-CX600/dp/B0092ML0OC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1421057278&sr=8-2&keywords=corsair+psu

Now I realise that this is twice as expensive as the Sentey PSU you have, but its better to buy right once. If possible, I would try and get your money back.

Send the unit back say its crackling @ the power connection and then put the $40 towards a better unit.

Surprised to read that you purchased this unit despite reading reviews saying as much that it exploded. 

Hope you can get this resolved before any damage occurs.

Yeah I WOULD NOT use your machine until you get the new Superflower unit in there. I'd try and get a refund for that fire hazard if you can, even though it's likely not to happen (since you said an American friend got it for you), but it doesn't hurt to try.

Edited by IVIYTH0S

• 2 weeks later...

Well, despite all problems, I managed to get new (used) psu with 5 year warranty (2 left) in my country. It's Corsair TX 650W, PC's now working like a charm. Next PC build, first thing I'm goona buy is PSU. :)

Thank you all again for your advices, see you next time, when I get stuck with something... :wave: