Where can I find this cable in America?

I bought a new case for my NAS, it's ok, but it has usb 3.0 only

my old motherboard only has usb 2.0 onboard

so is this the right connector?

why can't I find this in america? every shop I have checked ships from china

I dont understand why newegg doesn't sell one of these themselves

I don't want to wait 3weeks for a 4$cable

Yeah, none of those look like what you'd be looking for. Those would be if you wanted a USB 3.0 port(s) on a case to run as USB 2.0 on an older motherboard.

Isn't that what he's doing?

Yeah, none of those look like what you'd be looking for. Those would be if you wanted a USB 3.0 port(s) on a case to run as USB 2.0 on an older motherboard.

Isn't that what he's doing?

I suppose he is.... :pfp:

I think you'll be OK with any of the newegg offerings, they are very good about getting the pics right and any of them linked should do.  Amazon would be another good option as they will take care of you very easily with any return should you need it.

Personally I just spent $30 on a good USB 3.0 card (the key being that MANY of the cheapo cards seem to really suck)  for my old board in a newer case 6 months ago because I wanted it to have 3.0 for the few devices I have that use it. If you're interested in that option I feel comfortable recommending the Silverstone one I bought http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815256004 

I think you'll be OK with any of the newegg offerings, they are very good about getting the pics right and any of them linked should do. Amazon would be another good option as they will take care of you very easily with any return should you need it.

Personally I just spent $30 on a good USB 3.0 card (the key being that MANY of the cheapo cards seem to really suck) for my old board in a newer case 6 months ago because I wanted it to have 3.0 for the few devices I have that use it. If you're interested in that option I feel comfortable recommending the Silverstone one I bought http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815256004

I have a "cheapo" ebay pci-e usb 3.0 card and it works just fine

My USB 3.0 controller card was cheap and it's fine :) I'd only pay 30$ if it has a front panel too, and even that it's a bit pricey. 

I paid $8.94 in August 2012 for mine :cool2:

Still workin' great!

Edited by IVIYTH0S

I have a good friend with a pile of cheap ones that aren't worth the price to RMA, on top of that nearly every cheap card I could find reviews on had people getting a fair number of cards with bad build quality from day one.  Though what PERSONALLY swayed me was the number of reviews across newegg and amazon of cards killing motherboards/USB drives/etc from being faulty.  I personally don't care to be the one in how ever many who buys the untested POS card and gets to kill a $60 HDD/motherboard because I cheaped out on a USB 3.0 card.  Also with manufacturer responses of "We are more than happy to provide all of our customers with a prompt exchange whenever a product becomes defective." to a guy who ended up with sparks and a melted card (same guy with the pile of bad cards above) I have to wonder if they even care.

That's my $0.02 on the subject and to each his own, but it's the same reason I don't buy a power supply if I can't find a solid review of its quality I don't want saving $10-20 to cost me $200 later.

I have a good friend with a pile of cheap ones that aren't worth the price to RMA, on top of that nearly every cheap card I could find reviews on had people getting a fair number of cards with bad build quality from day one.  Though what PERSONALLY swayed me was the number of reviews across newegg and amazon of cards killing motherboards/USB drives/etc from being faulty.  I personally don't care to be the one in how ever many who buys the untested POS card and gets to kill a $60 HDD/motherboard because I cheaped out on a USB 3.0 card.  Also with manufacturer responses of "We are more than happy to provide all of our customers with a prompt exchange whenever a product becomes defective." to a guy who ended up with sparks and a melted card (same guy with the pile of bad cards above) I have to wonder if they even care.

That's my $0.02 on the subject and to each his own, but it's the same reason I don't buy a power supply if I can't find a solid review of its quality I don't want saving $10-20 to cost me $200 later.

I didn't go straight to hong kong, just picked the cheapest US Seller and got a win. The packing even seemed very personalized, I didn't get it to work at first (my fault...I also was using a new enclosure I was unfamiliar with) and they were quick to respond even though I didn't need anything