keep rig as is or......

jdm_freek

ASRock cards rock when they work, when they don't, the RMA process can be a pain. Gigabyte has hassle-free RMA, which I love. They may not use the best components for their stuff, but they're built pretty good.

it is the 4690k 

A worthy upgrade from an FX 8350

I will have access to a i7 4770 Non k 

so I think the 4690 K would be a better option

I still say go for a delidded 3570K. Much cheaper option, with a much better benefit after overclocking. If you can get a 4690K at 4.6GHz at around 1.3V's, your H80i would hit 86C during load, if it was an open test-bench setup. Inside a case, expect a bit warmer temps. That setting is from a review sample. Most people typically hit 4.5GHz around that voltage.

A delidded 3570K, which most people have done and found to sell relatively cheap, should get to 4.8GHz at around that 1.3 voltage, with an H80i, you'll probably get max temps at maybe 76C. Not to mention the ability to overclock or tighten your memory timings.

Trust me, I've had plenty of 3570K's, a couple of 4670K's and a 4690K. The latest doesn't necessarily mean the greatest.

I haven't been able to find a 357Ok for under 250and as far as the Delidding it's not something I would be comfortable with doing

my hands are not as nimble as they used to be

Well, I have a delidded 3570K or a BNIB 4690K and a BNIB ASUS Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) if you're interested. I was going to set up the 4690K and Z97 for eventually trying out an m.2 ssd, but I already have a Z97 board for that with my upgraded HTPC. As always, I give pretty good deals to OCC members. :)

Edited by El_Capitan