Sorry, but whats with Lian-Li?

deeselcyde

The wife has a PC60. I like the removable motherboard tray, the thumb screws used everywhere, and the aluminum is really nice since it's light and is therefore easy to lift, especially compared tot he all steel contruction of my own Quantum case. Both cases have their plusses and minusses but in he end it's all about personal choice. She didn't want any lighting, windows, etc since hers stays on the floor while mine sits on a desk so I got something a little flashier. In my opinion, the Lian-Li is a great case to work with. It's simple and there are no sharp edges and it's easy to lift. My MGE is also great and easy to use, but I think my MGE is a little heavy. Some aluminum use in the MGE would have made it lighter and would not have affected it's strength much. But I digress...

check out pimprig.com for some good advice on cases. Read more than the reviews cause the forums and galleries show how much you can really mod things and those Lian-Li cases are easy to mod. There are a couple places that even sell pre-cut Lian-Li panels with the windows already installed so it's a snap to avoid some work.

Guest Shibby

There are a lot of us (mostly the older crowd, I imagine) who aren't into windows and LED's and UV and stuff (nothing wrong with it, just some people don't care about that). LianLi has an elegance to it that doesn't look bizarre in a home office, but can still deliver the goods in terms of performance. That, and the fact that the workmanship is second to none makes it very desirable for a lot of users.

Unfortunately, my budget did not cover such an extravance, but given the budget, I wouldn't look anywhere other than LianLi

LOL .. I have seen these at the local market ... actually they are interesting... esp if you are looking for a new home for the pet escargots ;) that and their pyramid version to keep your razor blades sharp.

Even Lian-Li does have their "off" days, though! The "Anniversary Model" is a "case in point!"

http://www.lian-li.com/Product/Chassis/M_M_PC-777.htm

I have recently purchased the new Lian-Li 60B Plus this has a 120mm front fan, plus it came with another 120mm GPU extraction fan all very quiet at full speed..

Another reason for getting them is that they can sit on top of other cooling boxes too

In all the years of computer work I have seen way too many people buy a case based on outer appearances alone only to find out the kewl looking case lacks the expansion or has poor cooling characteristics. Now that is normally not a problem for the enthusiast, they just mod it to overcome those deficiencies. For the normal user, this can be frustrating to no end.

It all comes down to reading, researching and reading more about a prospective purchase before plopping down that hard earned money. Know what you are going to put into the case; examine the airflow characteristics; look at the expansion bays; compare the available room between the drive bays and the motherboard try, etc.

I just ordered a V1200b because I love the design and I finally want to get rid of the Chieftech case I've had for roughly four years now.

Can't wait until it gets here :D

When I first got my lian I bought it based mainly on the interior appearence, now that I've had it a while i'm finding that it'll look good sitting next to any other case for years. You can leave it plain and then customize it to compliment your next case. I just added a top window to mine and it really shows off the quality and shine of the insides without being to flashy. The only complaint I've had about mine is one screw for the 3.5 tray cross threaded. Other then that it's been hassle free.

I have a wavemaster, the built quality, ease of use, extra screws etc.

Looking at my spare-pc-parts drawer ... I will not ever need any more screws again until my next life.

:dog:

Looking at my spare-pc-parts drawer ... I will not ever need any more screws again until my next life.

:dog:

You can never have to much spare misc crap! With as many screws as I have it's still an issue when it comes time to find screws that fit, why can't they just make them all the same?