Networking Firewall?

Vampire

On msn and other program where I connect directly to another computer to transfer files, it doesnt work and I think its because of the homenetwork between 2 computers. This happens to almost everyone I know on msn who has a home network. I have not installed any firealls but its sure acting like it has one.

I need to know how to fix this because its really anooying <_<

are you running xp because if you do by default its firewalled if you want to check just go to start connect to and show all connections right click lan go to properties then the advanced tab hope this helps

Said before: you can disable it in windows XP! But if your host computer is running windows ME then your screwed! There is some sort of hidden "firewall" type crap in windows ME ICS as well as 98 and 98SE and im pretty sure somethign in win2k as well! Thats why my dad got windows XP and even with the firewall on i can transfer files back and forth :D

P.S.

Can you still recieve files, because if you can't then its probably not a firewall realated problem! Most filewalls only block out sending files in MSN! You should still be able to receive