Need to create support to hold VF700Cu for 6600GT..Plz provide opinion

Here's what I am planning to do:

IMG_0418.jpg

My only worry is if the holes are insulted inside. I can insulate the top and bottom of those holes using silicon washers but, I don't know if inside the holes are insulated.

Other choice is to use ricey's lead pencil technique. :) See ricey's work here...

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...184&postcount=8

Plz provide opinion....

Thanks..

Rex

What is the diameter of the holes? 1/8 inch. You could go to Home Depot and get a 3/16 wood dowel, cut to length and then whittle or sand down the ends to fit into the holes. Paint DFI Yellow of course. Please don't sue me if you cut your fingers.

Hi

if I hadn't been so lazy, I would have bought a length of quarter inch diameter dowelling, and then used a pencil sharpener to get it to the right length. My only concern with using a pencil was the very conductive graphite running through the middle of the shaft :D . However, after sharpening the double ended pencil to the right length, I cut off the lead so that it was flush with the wood (which is a reasonably good insulator). The graphite is very well separated from the graphics card.

ETA: However, if you are really concerned about insulation, I'd go for the dowel rather than the pencil. I'd still use a good quality metal pencil sharpener to get the dowel to the right length; it gives a much smoother result than whittleing :)

ricey

Thanks folks...just for personal edification I would like to know if the inside walls of the holes are insulated. I was also thinking of using a small piece of coffee stirrer to insulate the holes from inside. I do know that I can create silicon insulation but, don't want to spend more money. :)

Dowel probably is the best and the safest way as long as it is painted yellow. :)

Thanks,

Rex