Help with Hynix DT-D5 on an Infinity NF2?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the input U.J. What board are you using the DT-D5s on? Wow, over 3V! How long have you been running 3+V on those sticks? I'll consider upping the V.

Still messing with the above settings I mentioned, with a tweak/change here and there...

Best to you,

medianOCer

I'm using the Infinity Ultra and my RAM has been at 3.1V for about 3 weeks now so it's too early too tell what the outcome will be. I couldn't find any info on the DT-D5 on hynix's website but OCZ had your RAM listed and they reccomend 2.8V http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/memo..._revision_3-eol

My Infinity undervolts the vdimm somewhat and that's why I recommended you try 2.9V on the assumption your mobo undervolts as well. Good luck on your OC. -uj

Max recommended voltage on D5 is 3v.

hynix4yw.gif

Thats one of the reasons i said it'd best to use active cooling with anything over 3v really.

You can read all about it HERE.

This bits interesting.

Once again, for Athlon XP, Winbond offerings might be a better choice. Like its brother D43, this ram does best at 2.8 volts.

You'd be better askin one of the OCZ guys their opinion, i'm sure they'd be able to tell you all about it :)

Shinobi -

I wish Hynix had actual datasheets that listed reference timings and other detailed info on their site. I've only found info about their D43 and other lesser chips on their site in the past, as well as recently. I wonder if they'll ever get around to putting up such on their site for public access?

Uncle John -

From what I've found with the DT-D5 sticks I have, is that about 2.9V on the them is max and without adding more errors. The most I've ever put to them is 3V, but that was for for a short time only, quite awhile back. Also, my MB and PSU combo actually over-volts a touch, approximately +.05V on the RAM. Thanks for you comments regarding the voltage on DT-D5s and your experiences and what board you're using.

Current Config - (still working at getting 24/7 stability)

2.5GHz @ 1.725v - CPU

250MHz/500DDR @ 1.7v - Chipset

66MHz @ 1.5v w/ 128MB ap - AGP

250MHz/500DDR @ 2.7v - RAM

Timings:

Aggr 8-3-3-3-3 13-17 4-3-5-3-3-3-4 E-A-F-E 4-5-4-5-4-5

medianOCer

Shinobi -

Getting back to an earier post of yours that I missed...

I have run most of the '04 BIOSes, 6.19.04 being the best so far. Also have run the Hellfire 3EG REV3 BIOS, but it seemed less desirable with me setup than the official 6.19.04 version. I have yet to try any of Tic Tac's or Merlin's, which I have heard from some and their apparent liking of some of those.

For stability I've tried anywhere from 7-11 on the tRAS setting. 7-9 tRAS appears to be better with this RAM. Thanks for asking and your comments.

Hey, what have you found with NV drivers for this motherboard and which ones appear to be the best with this RAM?

medianOCer

Well HERES the Official OCZ Support Forums, you will find out all the info you could want from there. Definitely worth checking out :)

I used to run 2.9v through my old Hynix BT-D43 but only because i had it mixed with some CADT which needed it and it was fine. It was some cheap stuff i picked up from Hong Kong, Ram-Bo ram, but it used the Hynix chips. Decent ram too...

Best all around drivers for nForce2's i'd say are the 5.10's. I've always used my own remixed drivers myself though.

Thanks for further info and the link Shinobi.

I've also used 2.9v, seems to be about the highest voltage I can run on these as well. I tried 3v recently for a bit, but that did give more errors as it had in the past. Switched to the 5.10 NV drivers awhile ago. Remixed drivers? Bits and pieces from different versions of the Nforce drivers?

More later...

I'm finally getting there... At least it appears that way so far (knocks on wood with fingers crossed, while throwing salt over his shoulder). Heh, it's not that bad or as if I'm running on suicide settings ATM. It's definitely been a challenge with this memory, as it looks as if rather few have mentioned much of anything about DT-D5 on this type of board. Obviously most of the work with NF2 had been done quite a bit earlier and with other preferred types of memory for such boards.

Anyway, what I've found is that 69MHz AGP has been a key player, and also getting the tRC, tRFC and the Alphas set properly. The SPD and Auto settings did little for stability above 200/400DDR. The best BIOS for me has been the unmodded 6.19.04 version.

I can post detailed settings later, if anyone is curious. Also, I want to do some further testing just to be sure I have what's considered 'stable'. From the testing I've done so far, and using this setup for closer to a week now, I might just be there.

Thanks for any/all suggestions and assistance you guys have given me.

medianOCer

Thanks for letting me know. I have run across others indicating in this forum, as well as others, that DT-D5s seem to be great on the A64, FX and Intel platforms, which they are apparently purported to be optimal on/for. There just appears to be far less info on them relating to the NF2 platform. Also, there are many options on the NF3 and NF4 boards that are lacking on the NF2, which I wish I had access to because then I'd have better control over those also. I'm less familiar with Intel boards and the options there, so I can't comment on those.

I have needed to loosen some timings. Others I'm still messing around with to some degree, to see what seems to be the best.

Do you or anyone else have an idea of what the *tREXT* timing stands for and if there's some definition as to what that is? I've had a hard time trying to find any info on it at all. It may be another one I'd look at to a larger degree and see what I ought to do with it, if anything.

Best to you,

medianOCer