pc freezes at boot

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

still having this same problem, can't use my rig for 3 weeks now....

I searched around the net, and I saw I am not the only one having this problem. Some people suggested me to use a original winXP cd, but that only resulted in a blinking cursor after loading some files. I found this thread. The topicstarter has used the raid drivers 6.39, but I don't understand that. Are those drivers different than the one on the floppy disk that came with my mobo and different than the (only) one that you download from the DFI site?

Otherwise, is there any other solution for my problem?

I got it working with an old windows XP recovery-cd, but without raid. Now my Harddrives are recognized wrong (one is inaccesable) so this is not a configuration I want to work on. But I'm pretty sure it is the known problem of sata raid on nforce4 motherboards. When I try to use RAID with the recovery cd, it tells me It can copy all the neccessary files like nvatabus.sys, nvraid.sys etc. Anyone an Idea?

Same Problem here :(

I think it's the NForce 4 drivers Version 6.66 which I copied on my disk before reinstalling.

Later I'll try to reinstall WinXP with the older Sata drivers from 6.39 or 6.53.

Those new sata/raid drivers seem to have problems with NVRaid bios 6.84 or are the problem itself :tooth: