pc freezes at boot

Hi,

I have the system described below in my signature. I just installed WinXP pro SP2, and it rebooted after having copied the files. But when I see the loading bar, it freezes, en then my pc reboots. I have read other threads about the same problem, but I couldn't find a real solution. What can I do?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Shibby

Do you have power to all 4 plugs in the mobo? Have you ensured that the memory is stable by running memtest for at least a few hours? Don't know anything about RAID, but are you sure that's set up properly? Maybe test on one HDD to see if there are the same problems.

Do you have power to all 4 plugs in the mobo? Have you ensured that the memory is stable by running memtest for at least a few hours? Don't know anything about RAID, but are you sure that's set up properly? Maybe test on one HDD to see if there are the same problems.

All 4 plugs in the mobo?? Wait a sec, I have to ask... I have the DFI LAnparty UT NF4 Ultra-D 939. Are there 4 mobo power plugs or just 3? any pics?

I'm sure I have all 4 pw connectors connected. I tested with memtest 3.2 for a few hours, and didnt see any errors. I also think my raid array is ok, I followed angrygames' guide, and at the startup I can see that my array is "Healthy"

damn... I had three, but I didn't plug in the 4th which says floppy in that link? I don't have a floppy drive does that matter? Would that cause problems like I'm having now??

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18221

Dang I don't want to thread jack you ruben-m.

@AJ plug in all 4 and see if prob persist.

@ruben-m,I know you said you followed the guide,did you mean this stuff,

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...82&postcount=19

I cleared the CMOS, but then didn't see the windows loading screen anymore because I got a drive-error. Maybe the Clear-CMOS destroyed my raid-0 array. So I tried to install windows for the second time, after I applied the correct BIOS settings. Now I am on exactly the same point as before, PC hangs on Windows loading screen and then reboots. I really don't know how I can solve this (duh) but it is really frustrating to wait weeks till I have all my parts, then try to install everything en hope to get running, and then bump in this problem. I know you guys can't do much about that, but I still hate it...

I cleared the CMOS, but then didn't see the windows loading screen anymore because I got a drive-error. Maybe the Clear-CMOS destroyed my raid-0 array. So I tried to install windows for the second time, after I applied the correct BIOS settings. Now I am on exactly the same point as before, PC hangs on Windows loading screen and then reboots. I really don't know how I can solve this (duh) but it is really frustrating to wait weeks till I have all my parts, then try to install everything en hope to get running, and then bump in this problem. I know you guys can't do much about that, but I still hate it...

when you clear the cmos, you'll have to go back into the raid thing in the bios, and select the drives you're using in the array again. once cleared it sets these back to none. clearing the cmos will not destroy your raid array, but you will have to re-select the drives used.

After the bios screen it should show the raid load screen. have you gone into here and set your stripe size, etc? and if so, when you boot does this screen say "healthy" array?

OK, now I understand that raid thing. I already saw that after I re-enabled the raid in the bios, I immediately saw the array status "Healthy". So I don't think it's a raid problem. I already tested my memory with memtest 3.2 for 3 hours, but tonight I'll test for at least 10 hours. Maybe I can try to remove the raid array and try to install on a single drive? Or do you have any other suggestions?