-128 temps in BIOS?

first off, i'm very sorry if the subject was already covered in some other thread, it's just that i've had little luck with "-128" in the search field. and just "128" was, well, interesting... :D

PROBLEM: bios shows -128 for all the temps! and since i don't know how to get around the "turn off/full on" settings the fans just remain still while the computer is running.

i do have the latest bios, and i'm planning to reinstall the system (just 'cos that's my answer for everything :D), but i'll tell you now, i'm not that optimistic...

i've also tried w/ & w/o q'n'q, but it doesn't make a difference.

first guess is that some monitoring logic on the mobo went on the fritz...

any suggestions/help welcome!

ps. sorry for my english, it's not my native language. ;)

pps. the forum doesn't seem to include my sig so here it is for reference:

DFI Lanparty UT NF4 Ultra-D * AMD64 Venice * Corsair TwinX * MSI 6600GT * Enermax EG485AX-VHB(W)

OMG, i'm so ashamed! :rolleyes:

in all the panic i forgot to try to clear the cmos! it solved my problem, and my fans are now humming as they are supposed to. :)

sorry for bothering you fine people, but you might want to save this thread anyway, 'cos there might be someone as lame as me out there. doubtful, but there is a chance. :D

this has happened to me a few times, also when this happens the chipset fan stops running. it usally happens when rebooting, although not to often.

is this a bios problem? im using 510-2F.

Happened to a few other users - me included...

The worst thing is that when bios detects temps of -128 it shuts down the fans...

Are you using any monitoring software in the background?

Happened to a few other users - me included...

The worst thing is that when bios detects temps of -128 it shuts down the fans...

every time i reboot i have to check the fans just in case.

is this related to one bios or can it happen with any of them?