3d Benchmark

tbates2614

Hope im using this forum in the proper manner anyway,

I have a fully licensed version of 3dmark 2001se, on the benchmarking i receive a score of 8300 to 8400.

when I look at similar systems online they all score in the region of 11000 to 13000

My system spec is

Pentium 4 2800 with Hyperthreading - not overclocked

sis 648fx motherboard 800mhz fsb - confirmed by intel diags

1 gigabyte of DDR 2700 333 memory / 2 modules

80 gigabyte UDMA 133 hdd

Saphire Radeon 9600 / 128 meg ram - drivers show it as the pro version, however its just the budget version

the benchmark has been run on windows 2000/windows xp pro/windows me

latest catalyst drivers installed

all windows updates completed / hdd defraged / bios settings checked

anyhelp would be fantastic

regards

tbates2614

well, not sure what your problem is but im sure sombody here will be able to help!

No offense or anything but i think having a gig of ram is kinda a waste! I only got 256 and my computer runs good! Just a note, maybe you run alot of ram eating programs or somthing that you needed more!

And since i was the first one to reply, i welcome you to OCC! (linux will prob give you a better welcome :D )

Edited by Tyme_66

i also welcome you, make sure you set default display and cpu settings (in 3dmark) and if your vid card has 8x agp make sure you set it in the bios. make sure nothign else is running during the test. somethign like that happened to me once, and i ran it agian and it was fine

everything in bios checks out - AGP setup to x 8

running 3d mark at default 1024/768 32bit

could it be the fact im not using an intel motherboard, I know the 800FSB is very new and SIS chipsets are known for being a little crude. Also with 3rd party chipsets you cannot load the intel application accelerator drivers.

please advise

regards

tbates2614