Any video cards to watch out for w/ NF4 Ultra-D?

I'd been planning on going with a 6600GT, but with prices heating up, the X800XL is looking more attractive.

So I'm wondering: Are there any video cards that seem particularly compatible or incompatible with the NF4 Ultra-D, either in terms of stability or physical fit?

I'd been planning on going with a 6600GT, but with prices heating up, the X800XL is looking more attractive.

So I'm wondering: Are there any video cards that seem particularly compatible or incompatible with the NF4 Ultra-D, either in terms of stability or physical fit?

You got an Antec P180 case :nod:

Is it anygood?

You got an Antec P180 case :nod:

Is it anygood?

Well, it's sitting in my living room, with half of my components. It certainly LOOKS nice. The fit and finish are impressive. But I still need to order my video card, HD, and a few other minor components before I can put it all together.

I think this depends on your setup. If you have a large heatsink (Thermaltake big typhoon) and you want to have your video card on the top PCI express slot for some reason, then do not getting the Gigabyte x800xl fanless video card. The heatpipe and heatsink bump into each other because the heatsink extends to the top of the video card. Take a look at a pic of the card and you will understandI have read that the HIS x800xl has a cooling solution that interferes with the MB fan but I am not sure about this. You can use the bottom PCI-x slot and be ok as far as I know but if you are using 2 PCI-x cards that use the x16 slot one of the x16 slots will default to x2 and the other x16. When using 2 x16 slots, it has been my experience that both will NOT run at x8 regardless of the jumper settings on a non-modded ultra board. I hope that helps.

I think this depends on your setup. If you have a large heatsink (Thermaltake big typhoon) and you want to have your video card on the top PCI express slot for some reason, then do not getting the Gigabyte x800xl fanless video card. The heatpipe and heatsink bump into each other because the heatsink extends to the top of the video card. Take a look at a pic of the card and you will understandI have read that the HIS x800xl has a cooling solution that interferes with the MB fan but I am not sure about this. You can use the bottom PCI-x slot and be ok as far as I know but if you are using 2 PCI-x cards that use the x16 slot one of the x16 slots will default to x2 and the other x16. When using 2 x16 slots, it has been my experience that both will NOT run at x8 regardless of the jumper settings on a non-modded ultra board. I hope that helps.

Photo evidence for perspective.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/InK...to/P0002389.jpg

I agree, the HS on the gigabyte is humongous *(On the CPU I used masscool HS/fan combo from the egg.)

My next build has an ATI card W/lower side fan (hopefull if monarch ships it) and a xp-90. Parts should start showing up any day.

Card I chose : $249.00 usd http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/m..._Code=ATI-PCI-E

My zalman works fine.

Ocean, you should take a look at the sunbeam slot rack thing. SVC carries it for a decent price. I noticed you were using a slock cooler but in my experience, they push very little air and also are quite noisy for the CFM you get. Currently, I am using the rack to setup a 120mm fan that blows on both my x600 pro and my x800xl. It been working out quite well and is silent to boot!

My zalman works fine.

Ocean, you should take a look at the sunbeam slot rack thing. SVC carries it for a decent price. I noticed you were using a slock cooler but in my experience, they push very little air and also are quite noisy for the CFM you get. Currently, I am using the rack to setup a 120mm fan that blows on both my x600 pro and my x800xl. It been working out quite well and is silent to boot!

Noted. I wanted to install a slot fan upside down (with recrimped mounting, but missed adding it above the VID card HS by a 2 or 3 mm.) But it is getting air from a 80 mm in the side panel pushing twords it.

I have been seeing some memory coolers to possibly adapt, but that machine will never see an overclock and is at my bosses house and doing great as is. The pci-slot cooler was insurance for my piece of mind. I dont think it is that effective either.

I left it in for a little extra airflow (never have enough imho) and case temps are good/great even here in Florida. *(Boss lives 3 blocks off the beach in the heat, I live 12 miles inland in the humidty.)