Nvidia boot agent

Sup guys,

My gear is rock solid(thus far...)but for the past few days everytime I power up(warm boot)the machine, the NVIDIA boot agent pops up and tries to BOOT FROM CD: :confused: and then I have to restart 1-2x before it loads to desktop. Also, there were 2 occasions where the BACKUP CMOS...OK message appears and I have not done anything BIOS or CMOS related(ghost tweaker? :confused: ). I have no idea why this is happening as I have not changed anything in the BIOS for weeks and those were 4 settings unrelated to BOOT anything. If anyone has seen, experienced, or even better fixed this please drop a line. Angry & Rgone this is why you get the big bux.

thanx,

h

So this hasn't happened nor has anyone seen this?

update:

no clue why this is happening as it is rather annoying, but...

For some reason on the first boot the HDD is not properly recognized and she keeps tryin to boot from CD and that is rather odd as:

A. that is not the BOOT priority specified in the BIOS.

B.this HDD has been recognized properly for months and now on initial power-up it

is not, but even after the HDD is recognized properly she is still trying to BOOT from CD.

She will not BOOT now unless I restart no less than 2x.

I consider this to be a problem due to the fact that this started happening out of the clear blue, and now I lay in waiting for something else to "occur" that requires zero user input.

And I say again...has this or anything like this happened to anyone, cuz I wanna know...

eZ,

h

have you tried disbaling boot from cd in bios, then does it still try to do so?

also what is your bios boot order, cant help if we dont even know settings to compare to.

what exact model is the hdd?

have you tried disbaling boot from cd in bios, then does it still try to do so?

I am sure

also what is your bios boot order, cant help if we dont even know settings to compare to.

what exact model is the hdd?

A:/C:/CD-ROM and its in the sig.

otherwise, I am clueless, its almost funny.

thanx for the suggestion, but I'm almost against updating the BIOS due to how much of a fight it was to get this RAM runnin. All the same thanx, and I am interested to see what else will transpire.

h

• 1 month later...