DAGF voltage confusion

As many of you will already realise the DAGF has a very different look to the bios settings, and although I've sorted out most, I am a bit confused about the cpu voltage settings.

For example, if I set "cpu overvolt on fly" to "enable",and leave "cpu volt offset" to 0.075, it will revert back to 0.025 when I get back into bios later.

If I were to set "cpu volt offset" to 0.075, and "fixed cpu voltage" to 1.500, I get 1.51V.

But, If I were to set "cpu volt offset" to 0.075, and "fixed cpu voltage" to 1.525, I get 1.62V.

I'm trying to understand how it works.

I understand how the overvolt percentages work in the Ultra-D's cpu volt settings, but this is confusing me.

Can someone please give a good description of how these settings affect each other?

And what exactly is the purpose of overvolting? To supply sufficient (additional) voltage during spikes in cpu usage?

Thanks Angry.

Ummmmm........scary new avatar :nod:

But I definitely like it better than the seafood cat one, hehe

I found a strange result of leaving the "cpu overvolt on fly " disabled, and the "fixed cpu voltage" enabled, upon reboot the system stops, looking for an array.....which I don't have.

I'd just like to be able to find voltages between 1.52V and 1.61V.

Glad to hear the guys are on it.

update to the 707 bios, as other users have had problems with vcore in the 613. i personally dont mind the way its set out the in dagf (although would be simpler if it was simply vcore = x.xxx V which u could scroll thru sequentially, but thats different to the other nf4 boards also)

i also had the raid problem too, all gone now

see this thread: http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16598

Peter