NF4 SLI-DR and Marvell lan

hey guys, my dfi mobo is working great, but i keep getting my network cable unplugged. now and then when im on the computer, windows just pops up form the corner of my screen, "network area unplugged". it didn't happen before with my last computer, been like this for quite some time now, very annoying when i try to load up warcraft 3 and in the middle of the game i get disconnected. would it have anything to do with the BIOS? or marvell driver? im not using the NV lan because it has a higer cpu utilization. should i switch over to the NV lan to give it a try? or could it just be my ISP?

using bios 510-2

hey guys, my dfi mobo is working great, but i keep getting my network cable unplugged. now and then when im on the computer, windows just pops up form the corner of my screen, "network area unplugged". it didn't happen before with my last computer, been like this for quite some time now, very annoying when i try to load up warcraft 3 and in the middle of the game i get disconnected. would it have anything to do with the BIOS? or marvell driver? im not using the NV lan because it has a higer cpu utilization. should i switch over to the NV lan to give it a try? or could it just be my ISP?

using bios 510-2

Hi have you enabled marvell in Bios and disabled the ! I think it is 1394 network

It is below or on top of Marvell network.

have you tried disabling the Marvell and using the Nvidia LAN?

usually when I see this problem it has to do with a burned out router port on the router (Negears are infamous for this little defect)

could also be a defective LAN port on the board

my 1394 was already disabled, it could be that the lan port is defective..... i hope not, however i will try using a different port on my router (d-link airplus extreme). its ethier the router or the lan port on the mobo, because i have a ethernet harddisk connected to my router for storage that is shared through my house. the programs says its disconnected abnormally sometimes, when the internet is missing. the internet resets is self a second later, and everything is fine again. hasn't happened right now since i logged on my computer.

it might also be my isp, its been acting up, or so i've heard, i will try the nvidia lan tomorrow

thanks all

thanks for all the suggestions, but the problem still exists. im using bio 510-2 right now.

the unplugging thing ur mentioning Matt is happening when its NOT suposed to. im fully plugged in, why would i want to unplug myself? lol

well, i'm now using the NV lan, and same problem, also changed the port on my router.

i was downloading somthing and boom! is flashes with the unplugged ballon, and the download has stopped, its just stuck at 9 seconds left. (it just happened again while i was typing this). it flashes for half a second, and the net reconnects, i can tell cas once it flashes, i refresh my browser and its stuck, no loading new page, just a blank html page, but wait for a couple more seconds, refresh again and its fine.

should i RMA to DFI?

• 1 month later...

Haha, sorry. My previous post made 0% sense.

I agree with manapua....

It's unlikely that you're NIC would cut in and out like that...

More likely to be your router...or a bad cable...

If you've tried replacing both of those...i'd try a different network card. (Pluggin a PCI card and use that one for a while...same problems?)

I have this same problem to a degree. Every morning I wake up, after leaving everything on and active, and my Marvell Lan connection is frozen. All the lights are on but the Marvell NIC is locked, no traffic in either direction. Sometimes I can reboot the router and it will come back, but not today, I had to reboot system as well. I thought it was a power management issue at first but I have set power management in control panel to minimal power management. So I no longer suspect the NIC is going in standby or sleep mode. I do not have the Nvidia Lan plugged in and I have a Linksys befsr41 with most current firmware. I will try the Nvidia NIC tonight and see if the problem persists. I am using peerguardian in conjunction with my router and have turned off Windows Firewall and have no other software firewalls in place aside from PG2 for x64. What's going on with Marvell? Anyone else?