Danger Den TDX & Lanparty Mobos

Just thought I would throw this out here.

I upgraded to the mobo in my sig a couple of days ago and found that the TDX water block fits perfectly with the exsisting CPU mounting hardware left in place.

Just remove the short srcews that hold the exsisting mounting bracket together insert your long screws you get with the TDX and tighten them down with a washer under the nut but no springs.

The TDX block will lock down tight on the existing bracket giving you a no slip or pivot seal on the CPU.

This is the way it was on my X2 at least. Do not know if AMD 64 is any thinner than X2.

The advantage to this setup is that the weight of the water filled tubes will not cause the water block to shift on the CPU.

My temp on CPU hovers around 26 to 28 C.

I got the pump and the extreme radiator, joined to the aquarius external 3, thermaltake, I opened it and reinstalled the pump, and i'm getting arround 29 -32 degrees.Im gonna change it for a danger den, but gotta check to see if I can get the silver one.Also, wanna make a 2 litter reservoir, and get some green die and some UV cathode light to light it up.Custom idea, had it before, and rocked, only that I gotta make it again becasue now I have, 3/8 tubbing, and its made with 1/2.So, I have to get the fittings and make it again.I'll post some pics!!

timpanogos;

If you are refering to the fact your old block might be stuck on to good.

Just twist it back and forth then gently start pulling it off as you are twisting it.

Works every time.