4.1 On A7n8x

kup22r

(sorry for posting this both here and under a topic in the mobo section, but i later saw that most people ask questions about onboard sound on here....)

i have 4.1 logitech speakers and i can't seem to get them to work. i plugged my front plug to the speaker port next to the mic and line-in. i then connected the rear speakers to the rear speaker hole. played a song and no music came out of the rear speakers. i then went into nvidia control panel to make sure 4 speakers was selected. i also went to the sounds and audio devices in control panel and selected quadrophonic speakers. when i ran another song, i still only got sound out of the front 2 speakers...one of my friends has a similar problem. can anyone help?

I don't know for sure, but it may just be that the onboard sound is only set up to pump music thru the front speakers... Have you tested your speakers with games? That might help in determining where the problem lies.

i fixed it...i just ran the speaker setup wizard in the nforce control panel (under the speakers tab) and plugged my rear speakers into the rear speaker port and the front to the front speaker port and it works great!!! better sound than my audigy 1!!!