Request change for all future BIOS

As for the people that know what's going on, they'd be smart enough to change the command rate to 1T, so it wouldn't be an issue for them.

That makes sense. Anyone wanting 1T would enable it. Lots of memory (My old corsair TwinX) would not boot with 1T enabled. Luckily my VX arrived and the problem was sorted (The corsair now works in the board with 2T enabled). But I was sooo close to RMA'ing the board (the TwinX doesn't really class as value RAM - but I know about the compatibilty issues with Corsair alot of noobs, like myself at the time, do not)

Snook

vikeor is right. You're saying it's a valid request to Dfi for them to support a video card

that gigabyte designed only to work on their mobo. Dfi really has no obligation to do that.

Did you even read what the problem was? DFI, along with basically every other motherboard manufacturer has already added support for the card. The problem is that the option to enable support for this card (look in your BIOS, it is something like "support Dual 6600 card") defaults to disable, so if the CMOS is ever cleared, a person using 1 of these cards has to use another video card to go into the BIOS to re-enable the option to use the dual GPU card. If the person doesn't own another video card, that person is screwed. What I said earlier is that if the option to enable the card does NOT cause problems for other peoples' configurations, then it should be enabled by default so people with the dual GPU card can boot after clearing the CMOS, this is a valid request, so long as that option doesnt cause problems for people that dont use the dual 6600.

I would use a 6800 gt but it does not support HDTV natively.

Some brands do, some don't. I know that the eVGA 6800GT does not, but I think the XFX version might, it really depends on the manufacturer.

What do you mean it doesnt support HDTV? Just use a component adapter from DVI.

You can't use 1 of those converters on an nVidia card, it is an ATI feature, trust me, I've already tried it, only strange colors appeared.

Some brands do, some don't. I know that the eVGA 6800GT does not, but I think the XFX version might, it really depends on the manufacturer.

You can't use 1 of those converters on an nVidia card, it is an ATI feature, trust me, I've already tried it, only strange colors appeared.

I just sold an XFX 6800 gt because it didn't support component video out. Does anyone have a 6800 gt that does support HDTV out via component cables?