Strange NF2 Ultra B Problem

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

everything was at stock because i couldn't play WoW oc'd. Only settings that were changed were mem to 166 and multi to 11. Grr

My housemate wants his computer back so might be able to give an update later but I'm planning an RMA right now as i think its stuffed.... :sad:

I've got an RMA with tekheads.co.uk sorted so it should be fine.

Just as a last resort before I send it off, is the nf2 ultra b bios chip compatible for hot flashing on an Asus A8N sli? Both are nforce boards but i'm not sure if nf2/nf4 and dfi/asus is particularily healthy? Would there be any chance of damage to the A8N? I wouldn't have thought so if it was possible but i'd rather not take any chances with my housemates board too :eek2:

Yeah should be fine i reckon. No problem flashing between nForce2 & nForce4 boards... BUT its still a risk, so is it really necessary to try?

You could even just put your Bios Saviour in his board and HotFlash it using that...

But out of interest, what do you want to Hotflash? From what you've said i'd be suprised if it was just the Bios on your LanParty B.

Just to be clear....

He said he had no beep codes....

Ok on my board it's never post beeped from day 1....With the on board speaker are these boards suposed to beep at post like other boards??

I don't mean to hijack but I tried to put a speaker on all pin shown in the manual and nothing there either....

But I am always expecting that beep when I fire it up....?

Just to be clear....

He said he had no beep codes....

Ok on my board it's never post beeped from day 1....With the on board speaker are these boards suposed to beep at post like other boards??

I don't mean to hijack but I tried to put a speaker on all pin shown in the manual and nothing there either....

But I am always expecting that beep when I fire it up....?

even my U400S-AL never gave a beep at post, i guess DIF's NF2 boards dont have a post beep.

Ok, have found somewhere else to host it:

http://www.dur.ac.uk/sailing.club/final.avi

The hotflash was just so that I could try the board with a bios that I knew wouldn't be corrupt, for all I know this hardware problem could have fried the saviour and original bios but because I can't get that far I don't know. If I tried it with a working bios then I could definately narrow it down to a harware failure

I have two, both of which I know work and they both give the same result.

Just packing it up for to send it off. I've just realised I have enough parts that i only need cheap mobo and graphics card and I can make a crappy browsing pc. I think it may be pretty handy in the future as a fail safe when my gaming rig commits suicide like this