Help with Lanparty NF2 Ultra B

My lan ports stopped working on my NF2 Ultra B, Who do I contact to get this fixed? or RMA for another one?

More info: The board works great everything works like it is suppose to but but the Lan ports do not work. I had to put in a Nic card to get online.

Everything was working fine .. Then I go to work.. Come home and they are not working. There was a pretty good storm that night. But everything works fine except the onboard Nics.

I only had this board for maybe 6 months top. I can still use it with another network card that I put in one of the PCI Slots. But I would like to get it fixed and being that these boards are hard to come by these days.

I dont know if it can be fixed or if I would have to rma it for another one

It seems more of a OS/driver problem if both lan ports stoped working at the same time. There not connected in any way on the motherboard so I'm doubting lighting would do anything. Have you tried removing them from the device manager and letting them be detected again? Or are they not even showing up? You didn't get hit with a network virus? {TCC}puTTs

Actually They Show up in Device manage as being there and working properly. But it will not detect when a Network cable has been plugged in. On the PCI Lan card I put in the network cable works fine.

I was thinking that maybe the onboard nics took a hit.

I have Cable internet and was not limited to PC's.. killed all my vcr's also.

I just cant figure out why it would hit the nics and no damage to the board, like I said everything else seems to be working great.. can still OC good no stability issues .. just onboard nic

Actually They Show up in Device manage as being there and working properly. But it will not detect when a Network cable has been plugged in. On the PCI Lan card I put in the network cable works fine.

I was thinking that maybe the onboard nics took a hit.

I have Cable internet and was not limited to PC's.. killed all my vcr's also.

I just cant figure out why it would hit the nics and no damage to the board, like I said everything else seems to be working great.. can still OC good no stability issues .. just onboard nic

so now, 6 posts later, you mention that you're on cable internet and that a thunderstorm hit the cable the nics were on and killed all your vcrs ...

so now, 6 posts later, you mention that you're on cable internet and that a thunderstorm hit the cable the nics were on and killed all your vcrs ...

That might have helped a little. I doubt DFI will RMA it now since you posted that. Leaving your system on during a lighting storm isn't a problem with the board itself...that's operator error and warrenties don't cover that. :nod: {TCC}puTTs

I'm wondering,if the machine is turned off,but still connected by cable,could the damage still occur or do you need to disconnect from the network

Hey playah!

at root, the cable is still a conductor ... juice on the line will go wherever the line goes.

I think that the good news will be if he only lost the nics ... and I think that the jury is still out on the cause. It may be elsewhere ... but knowing about the lightning strike helps to focus on the working condition of the on-board nics as a first chore.