Random BSOD Memory Dump Errors nF3 250GB

I know this may not be caused by the motherboard but I just wanted some help with this problem.

I started getting random restarts with BSOD Memory Dump errors about a week ago(the ones when your memory controller or memory is defective or is crappy).

Now, I've been @ optimized defaults(on everything) since then but it kept occuring. I ran memtest86+ built in to the bios and it shot lots of errors on almost every test...turns out one of my sticks of ram was defective...so I just sent it off for RMA yesterday. Now, I'm still getting BSOD's with the same error and random restarts even though with my 1 stick of 512MB left, I could pass memtest86+ test 5 looped for 2 hours. I ran Prime95 Blend and it went 8h fine when I stopped it.

Any ideas what is wrong? Is my ram broken(I'm running everything @ stock) Is my memory controller damaged so much that it can't even run default settings without BSODing even though Prime95 and memtest says it's fine? Or is my windows XP Pro SP2 messed up and I need to reinstall?

Any help welcome,

Thanks in advance

ProfChaos

Try give our cpu some more volts, i.e., 1.5V@104%. Then download OCCT and run it. Altho it is for an oc system, but it will tell you if your system is stable altho it might have passed all other tests.

Alright, I'm running OCCT Torture Test now..how long do u normally run it for?

[edit] i ran the torture test fine...but i ran the stability test and a minute and a half into it, it failed...running it again as im typing this from my notebook. its @ 28% now and doing fine...

what does that mean? my processor is busted?

alright...so i ran OCCT again...it passed...weird...i wonder why it failed so quick the first time...running super pi 32m now...and probably going to either memtest86+ overnight or prime95 it(if it reboots) ill post some more about it

superpi 32m runs fine...time to loop memtest86+ tonight and prime95 tomorrow morn.

I only run the normal test. It should last about 30 minutes. But occt is the last test to run, after memtest86+, superpi and 3dmark01. I have to increase my vdimm to 3.3v (this is UTT HB5 stuff), and vcore at 1.525@104% and to pass the occt test.

So what is your vcore now?

I only run the normal test. It should last about 30 minutes. But occt is the last test to run, after memtest86+, superpi and 3dmark01. I have to increase my vdimm to 3.3v (this is UTT HB5 stuff), and vcore at 1.525@104% and to pass the occt test.

So what is your vcore now?

I've run memtest86+ overnight...10hrs 30mins passed full test(lowered multiplier to 8x so 200x8)...occt passed..super pi 32m passed...

my vcore is @ 1.5 default.....why would I raise it if it can't even run stock @ what vcore its rated at. Then I would RMA it.

You are not running at stock either, since you are using 8x multiplier. I would think that the objective is to make it run stable, stock or oc. Increasing the vcore tends to strengthen the cpu's onboard mem controller.

ProfessorChaos, I noticed that you have Enerax 350W psu. What are the amp ratings on the 12v , 3.3v and 5.0v line? I don't know how much current the x800 draws, but if you have an older graphics card, try it out, and see if it will run at stock stable. My psu is 380W, but have pretty good amps, and I am only running 9600xt.