My dream machine cannot boot up!!!!!

the specs:

lian li-65 case

asus p4b533 mother board

2.4 ghz p4 CPU

ThermalTake Volcano 7+ heatsink

Enermax EG651P-VE 550W power supply

Crucial 2- 512 ddr dimm

Seagate Cheetah 36.8 gb scsi hd - 80pin ( got converter to convert to 68-pins)

Adaptec SCSI Card 29160

pioneer dvr-a04

plextor writer 40/12/40a

PNY Geforce 4 4600ti

Creative Labs sound blaster audigy ex

floppy drive

2- intake fans

4-exhaust fans

When i connect all the necessary components together as the manuals say, and when i plug in the power cord, i look at the mother board led it is green. the video card led is off and is ok as described by the manual. When i hit the power on button nothing happens. The fans dont move the hd doenst make a sound, and no lights on except the green led light on the motherboard. I have tried using a ide hard drive instead of the scsi drive and adapter, doesnt work. I tried a 2.0 ghz cpu, doesnt work. i tried using only the basic components like the cdr drive, floppy, video card, sound card, ide hard drive, still doesnt work. I don't noe what to do please help me my intelligent computer bros. thanks

Try disconnecting the power supply from the board and see if it will power up. If it does hook it back double check everything. Ram harddrive. If it still doesn't power up it might be a bad board. :(

actually.. what it sounds like..

the connector on the board is in the wrong spot.. the power line.. u might have it backwords or something..

Ive had that problem numerious times..

HMMM...well your mobo is getting power....what about your cd drives?? any lights , floppy should have lights......umm sounds like ya board is stuffed i got one word for you REPLACEMENT.

there are no lights on any of the drives. the fans are not running. the hd is not running. not even the power supply fan is running. the only sign i see of life in my baby is the little green light. lol. so do u think its the motherboard or the power supply that is the culprit.

The power supply is giving power.... and the mobo is recieving it....

Yet, when you hit the power switch, nothing happens?

Hrmm.. I'd check the pins on the switch, then I'd check the wires that connect from the case to the mobo.... after that, I'd remove everything so you have just:

PS

Mobo

Memory

Proc w/ heatsink/fan

HD

Then try to bring it up... if that works, add one component at a time....

Also, if your mobo and PS support both AT and ATX power connectors, make sure that you have one or the other connected and not both...

Can you get into BIO's setup? Maybe looking in their can tip you off to something. If you have a multimeter I'd take readings on the different periphials.....make sure they are ALL getting power. You should get somewhere between 13-11 volts for the bigger periphials using the 12 volt connector. The floppy should be getting about 6-4 volts w/ the mini connector.

Maybe then you can point out a single faulty device. At least you'll know what's getting power and how much.

Other than that the only thing I can recommend is making sure nothing is touching where it shouldnt. Check all your wiring, make sure no bare wires are exposed or touching anything. Just look for anything that would seem like an electrical hazard.