Corsair despair

You can "try" 2.9V but it may go to errorring all over the place again. What most pay no attention to is if you start getting BSOD's > the O/s is coming apart from the inside. I usually never let 5 to 7 BSOD's occurr without reloading the O/s but I see dudes in here complaining about BSOD's and they tweak and slow them down and still wonder why they have problems with a dorked O/s that has had her @ss blowed out with BSOD.

And personally I don't think 3.1V on the memory would hurt it. I run 3.0 to 3.1V on a number of my so-called TCCD sticks to get stable up where I run at 275FSB+.

RGone...

Guest burningrave101
User a Dram drive strength of 6, a data drive strength of 2, disable 1T command (CPC) switch off bank interleave this should work for you espcially at stock speeds.

Yea these new Rev. E cores have crap memory controllers. I'm hopeing a BIOS update might help down the road but right now they are the worst memory controllers AMD has ever released on an Athlon 64 from what i can see. The only way for me to get my RAM stable is to disable CPC and run a divider.

Haha... another happy error-seeker. ;)

(http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13096)

Try to increase CPU voltage - that may help get a non-stable-but-a-bit-usable system.

If your RAM is really faulty, memtest #4 will give you errors. Don't play around with bank interleaving, 1T - you paid a lot for highspeed memory - so it should work at high speeds (I don't think it's a compatibility issue). Corsair's RAM Guy will help you, if it's a RAM related problem. ;)

I don't really know what an influence the memory controller of the A64 can have, and I don't know what this means: Link to AMD Up to PC3200 - doesn't the A64 memory controller support highspeed RAM? *confused*

Memtest test #5 is the best quick test for checking the memory for errors. And this isn't a RAM related problem. Its a CPU related problem and the only current way to fix it is to tweak the DRAM settings so that they are very lax. Disabling CPC so your using a 2T command rate usually solves the problem but it sucks we can't run 1T.

Well seems verry stable now have tested overnight and no errors. What sort of voltage is it safe to take the ram to? 3.1 seems a bit much to me.

Its safe to take it up to whatever its rated for. If your RAM is using TCCD chips then most people dont need more then 2.7-2.8V but you can try 2.9-3.0V to see if it helps stability any or allows a higher clock.

You should find you can get stability rob at 2.8-2.9v you should not need more than that at 200mhz 250 should be a viable option but more than that is pushing it.

As mentioned these memory controllers are not so good there had to be a price for pushing compatibility with 4 modules.

Memtest test #5 is the best quick test for checking the memory for errors. And this isn't a RAM related problem. Its a CPU related problem and the only current way to fix it is to tweak the DRAM settings so that they are very lax. Disabling CPC so your using a 2T command rate usually solves the problem but it sucks we can't run 1T.

you need to run all memtest tests. Test 5 can usually be fixed with added DRAM voltage. Test 8 is the most stressful test and can be a combination of a lot of things (cpu voltage? dram timings? ive fixed test8 errors many ways, but ive ALWAYS fixed test 5 errors by giving more voltage to the DRAM)