NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Hi guys I still havent had time to go to the store to get a new chipset fan I have an extra zalman VF700-AlCu for gpu would this fit on the chipset?

I believe that the Grafic Card wont fit after installing that monster. :)

[]

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seriously doubt you are going to find one of these boards anywhere...Actually kind of shocked to see a beta bios after 4 months of nothing...But don't hold your breath or look at that as a sign that more boards are in the pipeline...

Thanks for the response Old Guy. I made it through the first 70 pages of the thread before giving up and posting. I don't want to read the other 312 :P , so, just out of curiousity, can you tell me why I won't be seeing any of these boards? Guess I'll just pick up the nF3 250 Gb board...

Don't exactly have the inside skinny (just another consumer)...

LanParty NF3 250gb and an inexpensive Sempron are a great way to go. Mine sits in a corner and chugs away 24/7 non stop folding...One thing to be aware of is NF3 chipsets not playing well with 6800 series gfx cards. Never had any problems with my eVga 6800 other than it wouldn't overclock worth a poo...

Thanks for the tip. I also have the eVga and have no wish to OC the vid card. I've been folding since February for another team. Don't want to lose my spot else I'd switch to DFI-Street lol :P I was looking to pick up a 3000+ Venice for the newer core and added SSE3 instructions even though I read how RGone and AG like the SD core better - I just don't have that kind of money. You think a Sempron would be a better choice? The only things I'd do with the sys are fold and play games..

Thanks for the tip. I also have the eVga and have no wish to OC the vid card. I've been folding since February for another team. Don't want to lose my spot else I'd switch to DFI-Street lol :P I was looking to pick up a 3000+ Venice for the newer core and added SSE3 instructions even though I read how RGone and AG like the SD core better - I just don't have that kind of money. You think a Sempron would be a better choice? The only things I'd do with the sys are fold and play games..

Realisticly you won't see much of a difference in games but it will certainly chew up the WU's a lil quicker. Sempys are good little processors and reasonably easy to OC. I was able to get an extra 700mhz out of my 3100 without too much hair pullin'...If I were to buy one right now I'd get a 3300 or 3400. Havin a 10X multiplier gives you some room to experiment...

Good luck with whatever you go with........

Realisticly you won't see much of a difference in games but it will certainly chew up the WU's a lil quicker.

Do you mean to say that the Venice will chew the WUs faster than the Sempron..? [edit]A 700MHz OC is a damn fine OC. If I get an extra 500 MHz out of a chip I consider myself blessed. Are you on air?[/edit]