NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

lol i agree whats even wierder is after inspecting my bios there is a setting for hammer vid control it should be 1 through 5 when sandra got that reading i went into the bios and there was nothing there totally blank, so i cleared the cmos, removed battery, went back in the bios and it was back to normal. it is now at startup 200x12 =2400mhz 200x4x2=1600. I got alot of weird things going on here Memtest @1T zero errors , but it crashes when i get to windows at 1T it has to be at 2T or auto. as of right now my nForce3 250Gb Socket 754 with a 3700+ is runnig smoother and faster in all benchmarks, but of course the memory scores are better because of the dual channel. It's going to be along night lol

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol , I'm not crying, I like to try to figure these thing out, I'm sure a bios upgrade will fix alot of things in the future. I got so use to the bios on the DFI socket754 that this one made me alittle confused, still trying to figure it out. I wonder if i do a shift F2 Alt F3 it will show hidden bios features like MSI (lol) Scott PS Nice Quote you have there rofl

"Overclocking is organized robbery."

lol i agree whats even wierder is after inspecting my bios there is a setting for hammer vid control it should be 1 through 5 when sandra got that reading i went into the bios and there was nothing there totally blank, so i cleared the cmos, removed battery, went back in the bios and it was back to normal. it is now at startup 200x12 =2400mhz 200x4x2=1600. I got alot of weird things going on here Memtest @1T zero errors , but it crashes when i get to windows at 1T it has to be at 2T or auto. as of right now my nForce3 250Gb Socket 754 with a 3700+ is runnig smoother and faster in all benchmarks, but of course the memory scores are better because of the dual channel. It's going to be along night lol

I'm getting the same errors. I really am contemplating putting this board back in its box and putting it away for a month or so I don't have to deal with this.

Another thing I noticed funny is the FSB discrepancy between BIOS and CPUID:

BIOS 265 CPUID 266.5

BIOS 280 CPUID 280.8 (Pretty close)

BIOS 285 CPUID 287.5

BIOS 284 CPUID 285.2

BIOS 283 CPUID 285.2

BIOS 300 CPUID 301.8

It's not a huge deal, but maybe someone can explain this. RAM frequencies also differ between actual ratio and what's shown in CPUID.

I got alot of weird things going on here Memtest @1T zero errors , but it crashes when i get to windows at 1T it has to be at 2T or auto.

Same problem over here, so most likely it's happening to most people. What chips are on your Patriots? I'm just using generic Samsung TCCC but 1T has never been an issue before.

well....I got the board and all in my case today.....however.....I forgot to order new tubing so I reusing my tubing.....and I guess the ends were just a bit to stretched out as one of the CPU Barbs leaked, and both of the GPU barbs leaked...I fixed the CPU barb by using a good ole hose clamp, but even with hose clamps the GPU wouldn't stop leaking.........Good think I always leak test before I put it in my running computer :D

So I just drained the system and put it away for tonight....hell I'm having enough troubles without even turning on the computer yet lol

Update from me. Will be the last one for quite a while.

Well, basically, I unhooked my board and put the Neo2 back in. The DFI was giving me mem errors in windows using the Windows based memtest program. That and my hard drive kept getting corrupt (not hooked into the unlocked SATA plugs, it was on the locked plug below the CPU). That and it kept on locking up in games and failing prime. Even with my VX at 230mhz (memtest stable all the way up to 255 6-2-2-2) it was giving me a crap load of errors in Windows and locking up. Voltage on the ram isn't too high as the heatsinks are barely warm to the touch.

This board just isn't stable enough for me to be using at the moment. Hopefully a bios update or two will make this board stable. I just don't have the patience to keep messing with it and dealing with lockups.

Yeah I hope for whatever reason I can get some luck with it and not experience some of these problems but I highly doubt it....a bad BIOS will be a bad BIOS across the boards no matter what.....unfortunately I'm tired as hell from finishing up a bit of my case mod and properly mounting the D4 pump, then putting everything in there and leak testing the loop only to find out it did infact have a leak across 3 different barbs and I was only able to manage sealing 1 for now....gotta get some tubing that isn't stretched, but yeah....if I can't overclock it right away which I suspect, I'll be leaving it at stock speeds until a new BIOS comes for it.

No doubt AG is thoroughly testing that crap and beyond that is just busy with a thing called life which a lot of us including myself lack :)

Give him some time and I'm sure he'll have an awesome response to his findings about the board