NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

4 sticks of RAM is always a bit trick to OC. Corsair VS may be even worse. However you appear to be making some key errors in your OCing. You should not try to OC to 2400mhz straight up and especially if it doesn't work you shouldn't try to OC so much. Start of slow. Perhaps a 100 mhz OC or even 50 mhz.

Also, you aren't particularly clear. Have you relaxed memory timings etc and set a divider so your memory isn't even close to being OCed? This is the proper way to OC as all the guides say. Trying to OC memory and processor at once without any idea of how they OC individually is a recipe for disaster especially when your a noob ocer.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, I did some searching but didn't find a clear answer: besides raid, is there any problem with installing windows in a SATA drive with this board? because it endlessly crashes/resets half way the instalation every time. But I can install windows on my ATA133 with no problems.

If anyone remembers ...

my current BIOS is 711.

Hi guys, I did some searching but didn't find a clear answer: besides raid, is there any problem with installing windows in a SATA drive with this board? because it endlessly crashes/resets half way the instalation every time. But I can install windows on my ATA133 with no problems.

If anyone remembers ...

my current BIOS is 711.

Increase vcore and vdimm a couple of ticks and set memory to 2T during install. I stopped running sata and life was good for a spell :) If you are not overclocked you should be okay with the sata's though...make sure you are using the sata ports nearest the cpu (they are locked).

• 3 weeks later...

ok, I can install windows about every time I want now =/ but my system wont take anything over 2150MHz (o 214HTT) it just resets if I OC within windows or 220htt from BIOS and boot windows=blue screens forever . . . first I blamed the BIOS and flashed to 602, 716, 824 just to find all of the them reacting the same way.

This machine (see signature) was stable at about 2500MHz once, so any ideas what's holding me down? haven't done any OC in about a year, but I remember most of it, and with this system I don't think it's posible to screw the settings so much that won't go pass 2150MHz.

Oh, and if I relax timings from 2-2-2-5 2T to 2.5-3-3-6 it wont boot/BSoD/resets.

something broke down in my mobo?

ok, I can install windows about every time I want now =/ but my system wont take anything over 2150MHz (o 214HTT) first I blamed the BIOS and flashed to 602, 716, 824 just to find all of the them reacting the same way.

This machine (see signature) was stable at about 2500MHz once, so any ideas what's holding me down? haven't done any OC in about a year, but I remember most of it, and with this system I don't think it's posible to screw the settings so much that won't go pass 2150MHz.

something broke down in my mobo?

Have you dropped ldt down to 3? set pci frequency to 67? Man it's been awhile for me since I've seen that bios. Hard to remember everything...

Have you tried Orange slots? Majority of users on majority of DFI LP's have best results in orange slots...

yes, 2 years since this mobo/bios for you :P thanks just for posting here.

(updated my sig a bit) now I remember it was stable @2620MHz htt=261

LDT=3

PCI=67

memclock=auto(200)

timings=2-2-2-5 2T (2.5-3-3-6 wont work)

vcore, vdimm increased ... chipset too.

tried orange, tried yellow.

weak drive and 50% reduction, too.

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

It would seem I am having the same problem...I reset my bios, asks me F1=continue or DEL=Setup, I chose DEL, enter bios, change nothing and save. My system just hangs in endless loops attempting to POST no beeps. So I reset again this time I chose F1 and let the system boot once after clearing the bios before attempting to make changes and this allows me to get to my desktop without issues. Now I try rebooting and start increasing the FSB from 200 to 225 with the HT at 4...endless loops attempting to POST no beeps. Everytime this happens I have to reset the bios and allow the system to load the OS before safely entering the bios.

Bit of history here:

I have had this mobo for about 2 years now and have had no problems, but I seem to be corrupting or loosing drive partitions. I was OC'd at 270x10 then dropped it to 250x10 thinking it was too fast even after all prime95, superpi, apps and games show no signs of errors. I have had a 160g Seagate that i lost the partition on, lost a partition on a 74g Raptor and recent my attempts were to RAID 2 80g Seagates. All 3 drives were installed individually (all have been SATA) and every time performed great for about 2 months and then performace started degrading. Little hick-ups here and there (assumed it was XP acting up)and not once was there ever a sign of lost data or corruption. I shutdown or restart after a session or a day and BAMB no HD. Used the XP CD to do a repair and there is shows an unpartioned drive...WTF!

So an early assumption is leading me towards my southbridge.

After nearly 25+ bios resets and several half butt attempts to get to my desktop (not kidding at all) my weekend consisted of extensive tests and harware replacement (not cpu) and this is wHat I have done:

1. I broke out the Win98 start disk and FDisk /mbr, repartioned and formated the piss out of it.

2. Re-installed XP SP2 (requires a format as well) I can barely get it to boot, but only at bios default after clearing. CPUZ shows 200x10 w/ HT@4

3. Install all OS updates and x2 drivers

4a. removed all not critical to funcion hardware and powered it on...no effect

4b. changed PSU and verified with voltmeter, memory and video card...not effect

4c. booted with HD attached...no effect

4d. booted with no sound card...no effect

4e. Booted with no PSU...lol just kidding

NOTE: at this point I feel all peripherals are good

5. ran memtest...flawless

6. ran SuperPI, Prime95 (these were tested at 200x10 w/ HT@5) flawless

7. changed from orange slots to yellow slot...no effect

8. ran one stick at a time...no effect

NOTE: at this point I would believe the CPU and memory is good.

9. checked all caps on mobo for swelling or oozing of fluid...nothing

10. reflashed bios 711 at least 3 times, shutdown, cleared bios, went through the same steps and still cant get a low OC...my eyes are becoming very red and my jaw is starting to hang lower and lower

11. Installed Systool (very similar to A64Tweaker) dropped memory divider to 166, CPU to 200x7 and set agp to 68 - ran "Find Max" - it cycled up to 290 FSB before crapping out....this is what i have seen with this mobo in the past.

NOTE: What surprises me is the system will reach stable OC limits of 250-270 in windows, but cant even POST with a bios setting of 205!

12. Executed a disk check in Windows which required a restart in order to execute...no errors no nothing.

NOTE: at this point I feel my HD are good

This guy (Rad-Raze2k) is having the same problem, but only I can get mine to POST

http://www.diy-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7244&page=2

and this guy

http://www.diy-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77456

I'm sticking with my original assumption of the Southbridge, but I dont know how to test it...never really had to.

Can ANYONE help me with this? It seems this is common with this board, but all post I have read end without resolution.

Update:

It would appear that the 602 bios seems to have no problems. It would also appear the it is smaller in size compared to the 711 bios. So I am going to take a shot at replacing the bios chip in thinking it could be damaged...$20 isn't so bad considering the cost of a new system.:tooth:

• 7 months later...