NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

I got got my board here and it looks like i can't run RAID 0 with the SATA 3 and 4? When I plug them into 1 and 2 i get the option to press F10 and set up my RAID, but when they are in 3 and 4, I do not get the option to set up RAID... ?!

How is the RAID 0 on this board? Is it worth doing?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, If I boot in 3-4 it will go into windows. if i boot with 1-2 it will ask, in POST, if i want to setup raid, then boot into windows.

When you Enabled raid in Bios DID you enable SATA 2 Master and secondary.. As it sounds like you only have SATA primary Master and secondary Enabled

When you Enabled raid in Bios DID you enable SATA 2 Master and secondary.. As it sounds like you only have SATA primary Master and secondary Enabled

oh, yes your right. I didnt enable SATA2 thinking it was only for SATA2 HD's.. :shake:

Thanks alot.

Spoke too soon. I'm back at square one.

Do you have a USB expansion card installed? Reason I ask this is / Most of the time when you add One it will not only realocate the drivers for The expansion card but also the Onboard ones.. Some times if one is installed the problem can be traced to A memory allocation conflict(hardware conflict).

On the other hand Sometimes when you install one, the problems the onboard Usb ports Are haveing stop as the drivers are reconfigured when you add the expansion card.

@ Metranome

After your USB ports have mysteriously died what happens if you disconnect and then reconnect a USB device?

Does it say something along the lines of USB device has malfunctioned?

I ask because my board and that of another member had to be RMA'd because the USB ports spontaeneaously died on us.

Also check on the sticker on top of the parrallel port to see what revision the board is, if it is A00 not AB0 then it needs to be RMA'd to have R-716 removed and to be updated to the latest revision.

Not sure if this has been brought up before but I have achieved better stability using slot 2 and 4 for my Geil PC4000. It seems to me that I was either having problems with my two sticks of possibly unmatched Geil PC4000, bought from overclockers, so I changed them for my other set of matched Geil PC4000 into slots 2 and 4 and I can now use 250HTT on a 9 multi giving me 2266Mhz with the LDT set to 3 for a HT of 1500 + did some RAM timing tweaks. Not sure if I want to do anymore tweaking now that its stable although I would maybe try a 8.5 multi to get a lower DDR speed so I can turn up the HTT some more, probably give me 10 or so extra Mhz on the HTT.