NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit: AG: Well rgone said that it was a NF3 problem, not a board problem, hence why i'm skeptical about it if this really is the issue. Though now Tim has confirmed that ports 1, 2 and 3 are locked, i'm a little less of a skeptic about it

Whoa, really? Guess I missed that post, I was looking for that info as well.....what FSBs was he trying that on to confirm it?

I didn't confirm anything.....yet, I'm at 220HTT now with a multi of 13 and clockgen says that AGP/PCI is still at 66/33....so you guys are saying that I need to go over 240HTT?

I'm gonna try it out :)

(I'm not really an expert though :cool: )

I didn't confirm anything.....yet, I'm at 220HTT now with a multi of 13 and clockgen says that AGP/PCI is still at 66/33....so you guys are saying that I need to go over 240HTT?

I'm gonna try it out :)

(I'm not really an expert though :cool: )

It'll still say that it's at 66/33 despite what the SATA is clocked at. You defenitely need to go over 240/250HTT to see if this problem really is evident. At 220HTT most drives if they're on unlocked ports don't fret that much, but you're gonna need to copy a few large files accross to verify the integrity of the file.

Most people will try to run as high HTT as possible, and it's crucial these are locked.

---dens

SATA 1 and 2 are NOT locked I believe

250x10 boots on 3 and 4, but on 1 and 2 freezes and reboots during HDD detection.....so that means they are not locked right?

250x10 boots on 3 and 4, but on 1 and 2 freezes and reboots during HDD detection.....so that means they are not locked right?

Unfortunately, yes: they seem to be not locked like on MSI Neo2...

Hello everybody, I'm from Italy and this is my 1st post here :)

@TIM:

could you test DDR at 300mhz (if you have tccd) 1:1 with cpu bus, please?

I had a MSI Neo2 and it wasn't be able to...I would like to know if the limit was MSI or the nF3 ultra chipset

thanks ;)

thanks.

Well from the looks of things it seems it's a NF3 thing rather than an individual board thing. Not really a big issue for me. The only thing is - are the locked ones the ones @ the CPU socket? It'll be pretty frustrating if it is, but it's not the end of the world.

It's a shame though.

---dens

Well from the looks of things it seems it's a NF3 thing rather than an individual board thing. Not really a big issue for me. The only thing is - are the locked ones the ones @ the CPU socket? It'll be pretty frustrating if it is, but it's not the end of the world.

It's a shame though.

---dens

Yes, SAta 3 and 4 (near 939 socket) are the locked ones.