DFI NF4 Ultra-D & OCZ Value VX Testing and results

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the yellow slots are better for UTT for me..

if i put my UTT in my orange slots it won't boot or will get alot of errors in memtest

when i switched to yellow slots everything is fine.. 510 bios is not too bad.. but i'm back down to 331 bios to test whether it'll give me better results for my value vx..

babyelf, were all those results memtest86+ error free (including tests 5 and 8) and was that at 1T or 2T?

im having trouble running mine without errors at 1T but im using the orange slots, but i will try later with the yellow slots to see if there errors disappear.

yea.. all memtest error free with test 5.. test 8 will show one error once in a while..

try yellow dimms.. my yellow dimms cleared my initial memtest errors.. thought i had some bad sticks.. then changed over and everything is fixed :D

trying it right now, so far so good. pased 2 passes of test 8 with no errors. i initially had errors with test 8 repeatedly at the same same settings.

keeping my fingers crossed because with my luck, as soon as this message is posted, ill have problems.

yea i know, but after 2 passes with no errors, i jumped up with joy like a little kid on christmass because before i couldnt even get past 1 pass with no errors.

well i got through 5 passes with test 8 with no errors so now im gonna tweak it to the settings i want and let it run overnight.

my goal for now is 252mhz 2-2-2-5 1T or 252mhz 2-2-2-8 1T as that will allow me to get my max cpu oc with the 9/10 divider. im fairly confident i can achieve this now that i have broke through test 8 error free.

well i just complete 10 passes of tests 5 and 8 which i think are the toughest ones. im gonna let it loop through all the tests now and go to sleep. hopefully no errors pop up so i dont have to do more tweaking.

settings right now are...

venice 3000+ (280 * 9) @ 1.664v

ocz value vx 3200 @ 252mhz 2-2-2-8 1T 3.6v w/ 2 80mm fans blowing over it

using 9/10 divider right now

ill set higher goals when i know my cpu can clock higher which is probably when i get the xp90 on it but for now its topping out at 280HTT