DFI NF4 Ultra-D & OCZ Value VX

I am looking into getting some active cooling on my ram also, but I'm not really sure where to start. Are most people just getting fans and figuring out ways to make them stay in place?

I found an old 5.25" hdd cooler at the bottom of one of my junk draws, replaced the fans with something a little decent, used a little insulation tape, rubber bands and one of those molex to 3pin splitter you sometimes get with vga coolers. The splitter I'm using here lets me choose between 12V and 5V for the fans - I'm using just the 5V on these to keep the noise down. Most of the weight is supported by the fact I've tied the power cables above and away from the colling unit.

Hope that helps someone. I've learned alot from these forums - hope I can soon add something useful to them. Big thanks to everyone who has posted here.

I'll post my benchies, oc results soon if worthwhile.

Ji

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope that helps someone. I've learned alot from these forums - hope I can soon add something useful to them. Big thanks to everyone who has posted here.

I'll post my benchies, oc results soon if worthwhile.

Ji

Yea that would be worthwhile for sure, Im thinking about using a bigger divider and taking my cpu higher, closer to what yours is at now.

Right now im at 2.3ghz(256x9) 1.49v, 180 divider with ram at 230mhz, 2 2 2 8 1T timing at 3.2v