[Resolved] resolution for disappearing Maxtor drives? (post #12)

Would it be possible for anyone else to send me the 2 firmware files?

[email protected]

edit: remove the x's.

I'd also like to know if there's a way to do this without a floppy drive. I'm on an Asus A8V Deluxe right now and am going for an Ultra-D. I'd like to get all 4 of my 300gb maxtors all flashed before doing so. :)

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

hallo

i have a maxtor 6B300S0. when i install the chipset driver i need about 10 minutes to boot to windows or it totally freezes during the bootup.

if i dont install the ide drivers and use the windows drivers everythings works perfectly.

i would like to use ncq. if i upgrade to the latest firmware will it be possible to install the nforce chipset drivers without having these bootup problems?

could some one send me the files which are needed: sandro at senerap.org

thank you so much

swin

i would like to have the newest firmware too: sandro at senerap.org

btw: does the latest firmware resolve the problem with hangups on booting at the windows xp startup if ide drivers are installed?

Please also send me the latest firmware for the Maxtor 6B300S S-ATA drive.

I've registered only for this :) and would be happy to receive it.

My email account can hold the desired size for the diskimage which I guess

Maxtor sent.

My address:

[email protected]XX

Please remove all the XXs.

Thanks a lot for it in advance.

Could anyone help me out and send the latest firmware for a Maxtor Maxline III 7L300S0 SATA? I'm getting a freeze during WinXP boot (safe mode works fine). Switching to PIO fixes the problem but then introduces all sorts of freezes during operation.

My email:

[email protected]

thanks in advance.

Does this Maxtor drive have the same issues?? Maybe it's why Windows won't load for me even in safe mode. MAXTOR 300GB SATA HD|6L300S0

I knew I should have listened to my instincts and gone with WD. lol

shinobi89 at yahoo.com

Hi there, I'm new around here but I'd like to say that I'm having a very very similar problem with my Samsung Spinpoint 200Gb SATA2 drive. I am using an Asus A8N SLI Premium and my drive is connected to the nForce 4 SATA ports. I get random lockups, BSODs, sometimes the drive isn't detected on boot up and sometimes Windows can take about 5 minutes to start up (when it does this, the HDD LED flashes repeatedly, and I can hear the drive seeking constantly). I have tried BIOS updates, updating the nForce drivers, all with no success whatsoever. Now I'm just totally stumped and don't know what to try next.

Hi there, I'm new around here but I'd like to say that I'm having a very very similar problem with my Samsung Spinpoint 200Gb SATA2 drive. I am using an Asus A8N SLI Premium and my drive is connected to the nForce 4 SATA ports. I get random lockups, BSODs, sometimes the drive isn't detected on boot up and sometimes Windows can take about 5 minutes to start up (when it does this, the HDD LED flashes repeatedly, and I can hear the drive seeking constantly). I have tried BIOS updates, updating the nForce drivers, all with no success whatsoever. Now I'm just totally stumped and don't know what to try next.

REMOVE the nVidia IDE drivers! They were the culprit when I was having hanging problems at boot. This might also fix the stability problems. Use add/remove to get rid of the drivers, then manually "update driver" on each of your IDE controllers and pick the generic Windows drivers, just to be sure that you've overwritten the nVidia stuff.