[Resolved] resolution for disappearing Maxtor drives? (post #12)

it does NOT work with that controller.

you need to use another controller, like a silicon image or Intel ICHR5...

cya

what about the second sata controller onboard (i think its promise) does it work with that one?

maxtor suxxx

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

silicone? is it on the ultra d ?

The -D Version has only ONE SATA Controller and that is NF4 and with that it doesn't work.

the -DR Version has a Silicon Image 3114 controller in addition to the NF4 controller. So with -DR you can flash your firmware by connection the harddisk to the silicon image controller ports.

cya

Hi all,

Im a new one to the forums game and I was wondering If anybody could help me with a problem I have...This is the only forum I could find on disk drive help so here i am to talk to the best.

I just recently bought a Maxtor 6L250RO drive for my computer. It is weird because the Jumper settings for this drive ask for no jumper for the slave drive..? I installed it anyways with no jumper and I went into my computer and no D: drive showed up at all. I need to format the drive still too...is there anyway of formatting it when it doesnt show up? I looked quickly at the BIOS setup, device manager, and it seems to be recognized. I am running 2 drives both IDE but this newer one i think may not be compatible with the old IDE...is that rumor true?

My specs are:

Microsoft XP pro sp2

intel pentium 4 1.6 GHz

512 mb ram

Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance,

- Clive

Hi all,

Im a new one to the forums game and I was wondering If anybody could help me with a problem I have...This is the only forum I could find on disk drive help so here i am to talk to the best.

I just recently bought a Maxtor 6L250RO drive for my computer. It is weird because the Jumper settings for this drive ask for no jumper for the slave drive..? I installed it anyways with no jumper and I went into my computer and no D: drive showed up at all. I need to format the drive still too...is there anyway of formatting it when it doesnt show up? I looked quickly at the BIOS setup, device manager, and it seems to be recognized. I am running 2 drives both IDE but this newer one i think may not be compatible with the old IDE...is that rumor true?

My specs are:

Microsoft XP pro sp2

intel pentium 4 1.6 GHz

512 mb ram

Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance,

- Clive

Hi there,

I use 5 Maxtor Diamond Max10 200GB in an Raid 5 array. I used to have the same problems like you: disappearing drives, drives recognized as fail drives but working fine out of the raid, other "predictive failure" posts in the raid software concerning my maxtors. I flashed all maxtos to BANCE10 without success. Still the same errors. Couldn´t get the raid to work. Some days ago I cleaned my case and unplugged the power cords of my raid drives. After cleaning I plugged them in once again, but obviously in another constellation, caus my raid is working fine since that day.

My PSU is a bequiet 470W and my comp is overclocked and watercooled. I use up to 7 harddrives, many fans, waterpump etc, and a 6800GT. Maybe the PSU was not powerfull enough on that special cord leading to my harddrives, and after cleaning I mixed the powercords by accident, but all is working fine for me now. May sound ridiculous but I wanna help you guys getting over this problem so you may check if everything is fine with your power support.

I have a Maxtor DM10 with firm BANC1B70, and my question is, how to flash my HD?? When I try to flash my drive (boot diskette, type A:/dload /i), it appears my HD is not found.

I try to update to firm BANC_1BY0 for later to BANC_1E00_latest firmware.

I have NF4 Ultra-D and Maxtor DM10 SATA in SATA1.

Thanks and sorry for my english

I just got the drive, 6L300S0, and it has been fine so far, only installed windows and every driver for all my devices and such. The thing is that startup is easily 3x slower than with my old ata drive. Before it would stay on the black windows loading screen for under 10 seconds, now, with much less stuff installed, it's at least 30 seconds that it stays on that screen. The frimware is the banc1g10.