[RESOLVED]ONE STICK TO INSTALL>> NF4 Ultra-D Problem setup WinXP

Okay, I'm trying to install Windows XP Pro on a Raid 0 array on my new system. Throughout random parts of the install, I will get the blue STOP: error screen. It's happened every time so far. Sometimes it happens before I get the partition option, sometimes it happens during the installation of Windows on the partition. Could it maybe have something to do with the floppy my Raid drivers are on? Am I just plain doing something wrong?

Also, when I get to the point where I'm copying files off of the Windows CD, it will get to files that it claims it cannot copy to the drive. Sometimes, when I retry, they copy. Other times, they will not copy and I have to skip them. (Note that I haven't made it through 100% of the files because I've blue-screened every time it's busy copying.)

Thanks for any help you can give because I'm getting rather frustrated here. :(

All of my install BSOD problems were solved by getting away from the shipping BIOS (3/10 is nice), and increasing the DRAM voltage by .1 or .2V.

I was seeing pretty-much the exact same thing you're seeing.

Also, BullDawg, along with the other suggestions...

I install OS's almost every day. If your installation media is in anyway corrupt (scratches, etc on the CD) that can, and will, cause a bluescreen during installation. XP and Server 2003 installers are pretty touchy.

Does your XP CD install ok in another machine?

Just use only one of your 512mb modules in the orange slot closest to the edge of the board while you install XP. I had the same problems you were having and using just one stick of ram seemed to do the trick.

Thanks much for the suggestions guys! I ended up using one of my 512 sticks in dimm 2 to install the OS. Luckily, it didn't blue screen on me and I finally got a good install. I updated the bios (3/10) and altered the voltages a little bit and I think it did the trick! It boots to a desktop now, so that's a hell of an improvement! Thanks again for the help! :D