Memory Support ......... Please

I have had a rough time trying to get my system up and going like many others; problem being RAM. Is operational now, but my RAM is running at less than optimal performance. Perhaps i should have done a little more investigative work on the board and memory compatibility but i was so excited to purchase the board all that went out the window.

My sticks are Kingston HyperX (KHX3200AK 2/1G) and are currently underclocked and the voltage increased +.4 V.

So I have 2 questions.

1) Is there any hope of my RAM being supported via BIOS updates? And how soon?

2) If i need to get out there and purchase some RAM, what choices are recommended?

Thanx in advance.

First - I suppose u have the latest BIOS update 2005/03/10

Second - try to lower voltage - 2,8 seems ok, but try not to let the timings on AUTO setting. Modify AUTO settings for your memory in 2-3-2-6-1, and don't forget your bus frecvency. In 2,8v you sould try 2-3-2-2 - should work.

After this, enable memtest and leave it a complete cycle. If errors appears, try single channel. If one memory stick is ok and one is with errors, is something wrog with it. If single channel works and dual channel not, post again explaing your steps.

Hey Mozzy,

I will get back to you after i try out what you have suggested.

Just wanted to inform you that yes i do have the latest BIOS and that with all memory options left to AUTO, the machine wont boot / partially boot. I made these changes in order to get my machine to boot.

Hearing so many problems with HyperX and this board, I was thinking it was a no-win situation. Like I said, i will try what you have suggested and get back here as soon as possible (work approaches :( )

thanx

HyperX should work fine. I assume you have them in the orange dimm slots. You have 2 512 sticks, although it should not be an issue, at least for now put CPC to disable until you get them going and put or make sure Max Async Latency is 8. (For now) Try that, if your cpu, htt, and ldt multi are ok then it should start.

please check the rules and the Important Info threads stuck to the top of this section.

If you are looking for help, reading this is the most important first-step for you to take.

this helps us tremendously to help you solve your issue if we can see what is in your system every time you post:

PLEASE SEE THIS LINK!:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...701&postcount=2

Be as thorough as possible please. Voltages, timings, settings, bios version, etc.

The more information you give us about the problem, and the more details about your hardware in your sig = more help we can give you.