Mobile AMD Athl

Anyone else have this weird issue in Windows XP? Sometimes it will display my processor name fine, Mobile Amd Athlon XP, yet other times it will display it as Mobile AMD Athl. Its not a major issue, i was just wondering if anyone knew what causes it?

Not sure. Its always like this regardless of what clock speed i've tried, stock or overclocked. Its just completely random. At the moment its displaying correctly but the next time i login to XP Pro it could just display Mobile Amd Athl.

I'm using the 7/28 that came shipped with my board, so it does have support for the Mobile mid-codes.

Got a new one here that i don't remember seeing displayed before, Mobile AMD Athlon XP processor, don't usually get the processor bit. I've attached a pic to this post.

lol Charlie...mobile cpu in your siggy

Mobiles are supported 6/19/2004 officially. Never quite 100% guarantee that they will work since AMD and NVidia and DFI all do not officially support Mobile cpu's on desktop boards (but we know they are popular so we try to make sure they work).

if you have a mobile, 6/19 is the best bios for you. Later bios only adds Sempron microcode and 200FSB stability (for true 200FSB cpu's)