NF4-Ultra D Not booting up !

Hello guys,

I have problems with my system. Yesterday I was playing Colin MCRae Rally and my computer reboot automatically. After that, the computer can't boot up. I have not overclocking at all. The board LED's shows on red the first 3 from left to right. I removed the rams dimms but nothing happens and put them individually again but nothing happens.

The case power green light blinks continuously.

System specs

AMD 64 3200+ Winchester

DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra-D

1 GB Corsair XMS512-3200C2 (2 X 512MB)

XFX GeForce 6600 GT PCI-E

Zalman 7700-Cu HSF

OCZ 520W Powerstream PSU

2 Maxtor SATA on RAID 0 (2 X120GB)

2 x 120mm Case Fans Front (Intake) & Back (Exhaust)

Please need help!!!

Thanks,

bump

Hey All

i have the same problem once in awhile usually after a hardware change or a total shutdown

most times clearing cmos a couple times will get it to bios and then load defaults,reboot and start loading my settings again or a cmos profile

do these boards have a stability problem when changing hardware or is there a voodoo chant i'm forgetting in the proper order of dfi nf4 functionalities

hi guys!

I´we been asking some people with the same problem, how thay solved it and got it to work again.

the answer i got was that the Grafic-card had given up. what caused the failure thay didn´t know bud the board was OK and was up and runnin with a new grafic-card.

hi marcus

it aint the vid card because i get it booted back up after a couple of clear cmos

tries

it is now doing this everytime i shut power right off and the power led flashing is driving me nuts...never seen that before on any comp in 10 years of playing

thought it had something to do with adding/changing hardware but it is because i shut powersupply right off and unplug before messing inside

thought it might be corrupted bios cause read about similar probs but only with older nf2 or 3 boards but tried flashing 3 times without reboot with winflash 1.76

today but no dice

before i noticed this problem i had only flashed once from shipping 1/25 bios to 3/10 bios with award/floppy

hi marcus

it aint the vid card because i get it booted back up after a couple of clear cmos

tries

it is now doing this everytime i shut power right off and the power led flashing is driving me nuts...never seen that before on any comp in 10 years of playing

thought it had something to do with adding/changing hardware but it is because i shut powersupply right off and unplug before messing inside

thought it might be corrupted bios cause read about similar probs but only with older nf2 or 3 boards but tried flashing 3 times without reboot with winflash 1.76

today but no dice

before i noticed this problem i had only flashed once from shipping 1/25 bios to 3/10 bios with award/floppy

Hi. try disconnecting your components one a at a time. You might have a drive or somethin attached that is causing this. I have the same board/PSU/memory/CPU running here and have no issues. Make sure "wake on lan"/WOL and WOR are disabled in the power management screen of the BIOS also.

Let us know what you find.

I had similar problems, tried everything.....even got to the stage of trying to RMA the board, still not heard anything from DFI!

Anyway managed to find an old pci gcard stuck this in and low and behold it booted......have now rma'd the gcard and bought another pcie card which works ok.

Regards,

Matt

well i got the problems at first with ta default bios revision, dont set your ram lentancy too low,

for me....

i cant even run dual channel with my rams~! at first, then after some setting following angrygames, it works, but sometimes it auto restart my pc, wierd, then the latest official bios came out,

so i reflash the bios to the latest official one, i forgot wat version,

after reflash,

i reset the jumper, and pull out the bios battery and unplug ta power cord for 1 minutes, .....

then reboot and load optimum settings in bios, now it works flawlessly by default settings,

i tried setting rams timing to 2-2-2--6 it works too, but for now i just ran at auto,

hopes this helps....

Hi AndyOCZ

tried disconnecting all as you suggested Andy...no dice...as soon as power is shut off, i gotta start playing to get it to post...all bios power disabled...only things i need and usb keyboard/mouse

tried with just cpu,ram and vid card...cut power...hit start...power led flashes,h/d light comes on for about 2 min and no post...unhooked case wires...no post or beeps, nuthing...also tried an ultra-x right out of the box...same deal

everytime i cut power or unplug i gotta start clearing cmos to post

i'm going to pull board tomorrow and try benching it (kitchen tabling?...lol)

maybe grounding out or something

pumped it up to 250x10 today and she is rock stable in memtest and windows so it would be nice to get to windows without a hassle after a powerdown

i'm stumped so if you've got any other ideas Andy i'm all ears

Thanks

Glennbig