90nm palermo s754 sempron...anyone have (played around with) one??

kind of surprised no one has mentioned this chip here. seems as they are available all over the place right now and that some early reivews state they overclock pretty well. http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/displ...ron-2600_9.html

seems like a great budget chip for overclocking. i would love to see how the 1.8 256kb 90nm 3100 sempron does. i am def holding out for the 1mb cache turions but these look pretty good for low budget. anyone have one?

I've got a 2800+ (1.6GHz standard) running at 2.48GHz (8*310MHz) with a 0.05V overvolt on the CPU, all other voltages standard, stock hsf and mid 50C temps under load with ambient around 30C. The 90nm Palermo/Semperons are great value. That's a 60% overclock without even trying - I've only had it a few days.

There doesn't seem to be much overclocking information on them, I agree. I've no idea how far to push the core voltage, but I'd think another 0.05V would be safe.

• 1 year later...

Hi All,

Im new to this. PLEASE HELP.

this is my system...

Sempron 3100+ Palermo, Rivision-E6, 90NM

DFI LanParties 250GB UT

1GB OCZ Performance RAM (1 stick)

256MB X800XL

250GB Seagate HD

I can only get the FSB to 220, anything above that the system wont boot.

Can anyone please teach me step-by-step on how to proceed it further.

Thanks In ADV

Andy

Exactly what type of memory are you using? Can post the information on the sticker on the memory (ie OCZ400512ELPE or something)? Need to get a better idea of what your using.

Read up on the overclocking guide, even if your running 754 the same theory applies. I wouldnt recommend running over 1.55v on the 90nm.

OC Guide

Check out the 754 Overclock Database, there are some post. Funny, I think AG forgot he overclocked the snot out of a 2800 sempy.

http://www.diy-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11318

I had a 2800 sempron, did well

3Dmark2001SE-vi.jpg

Hi Wangerin,

Thanks for the quick reply, really appreciated.

the RAM part# showed under CPU-Z is OCZ4001024PF.

Thanks

Andy

Exactly what type of memory are you using? Can post the information on the sticker on the memory (ie OCZ400512ELPE or something)? Need to get a better idea of what your using.

Read up on the overclocking guide, even if your running 754 the same theory applies. I wouldnt recommend running over 1.55v on the 90nm.

OC Guide

Check out the 754 Overclock Database, there are some post. Funny, I think AG forgot he overclocked the snot out of a 2800 sempy.

http://www.diy-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11318

I had a 2800 sempron, did well

3Dmark2001SE-vi.jpg