DFI Optical SPDIF Bracket?

Can you put tape over them or something

possibly, really i'll prolly just take the frontx right out.... don't really need it, just kinda pissed me off, board came with white.. which is ok..... but didn't match case, so bought a black one from frontx direct, mentioned led plate but got no response... and therefore no plate either. oh well i don't mean to jack the thread, just a peeve.

so about those spdif's ;)

i understand what your saying playah and if i wasn't so picky i'd prolly say skrew it, but finish would never be "perfect".

SPDIF backplate :

I'd previously built a PC using the "AOpen AX4SPE Max II" motherboard.

This includes an "EX Sound module" which has S/PDIF optical in and out as well as three jacks and an RCA for surround sound.

The connector is 6x2 but the digital side of it (one row of 6) is pin compatible with my DFI Lanparty NFII Ultra B motherboard header. The key pin is correctly positioned and the sixth pin is a second key (unused on the DFI). There is also plenty of physical space around the DFI header to attach it.

This link shows the module at the top left:

http://www.hothardware.com/image_popup.cfm...ticleid=516&t=a

Couldn't find a link to buy a module, but a somewhat different one is shown here:

http://english.aopen.com.tw/products/mb/spdif.htm

Good luck

nah frontx def does not, also how the hell can i get a black frontx led panel?

P6070134.JPG

I am getting confuzzled!! What is this thing?? It came with my FrontX kit w/ my SLI-DR. It says SPDIF-OUT if you cannot read it. It connects to the SPDIF-Out on the mobo by the RCA SPDIF-OUT jack i think. Maybe it is just for the NF4 mobos..... do the nf-not4s have a connector for a SPDIF-OUT?? I guess the NF4s have a different FrontX kit...

looks like a frontx insert spdif out, it slides into 2 vertical spots in the frontx, my frontx did not come with it, and my frontx also came white/tan.

also i don't think the nf2's came w/ that, nore do they have mobo inputs.

Infinity has optical SPDIF-In/Out header, otherwise nf2 people wouldn't search this bracket.

Connector

yea but that guys showing one from his nf4, i never said that the nf2 didn't have spdif out. maybe i should have been more specific, my nf2 ultra b does not have the mobo inputs ;)

nf2 has outputs, mine are under my parallel connector rear of case next to usb in/out

• 1 month later...

You should be able to use any really...

Theres one here for $7.99. Think thats the Optical SPDIF Bracket...

It says MSI but i imagine you should be able to get it to work on a DFI also easily enough...

If you specifically want to get the Coaxial one from DFI contact Angry Games and he'll arrange it for you :)

• 8 months later...

Has anybody had any success getting optical out of the nf2 infinity mobo ? Even if it mean getting a bracket from another supplier I'd be willing to try. Also, I thought the Infinity had s/pdif in and out RCA coax connectors. what are these like compared to the optical. This might be an easier solution.

Allen