The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

soundx98

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i read the sticky for this...downloaded and replaced the data file.

Which data file? There isn't one for your motherboard. Without the data file MBM will not work. As Soundx98 has said use Everest. It will display the voltage/temperature data and is an excellent general use program

I'm using the data files and would like a solution to a couple questions:

1. How do I show the PWN fan speed?

2. The CPU fan speed seems to be inaccurate, when compared to the speed shown in BIOS (which is higher). What's the proper way of doing it?

I tried tweaking the fan type and fan divider settings, and found out that 1 and 8, respectively, is what works best. Still, at these settings or not, I can't get the CPU fan speed to be accurately shown, while the rear and chip set fans are both precise (again: precise when compared to what's shown in the BIOS).

Also, I have only three ITE8712-F board sensors to select from. For the PWN fan speed, shouldn't there be a forth?

Hope you can help me. Thanks.

SIG (was not shown... forum error?):

MOBO: DFI LanParty UT nF4 Ultra-D

PROCESSOR: AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (Venice)

MEMORY: 2x512mb Corsair Value

VGA: Asus 6600 GT 256 mb

HDDs 1: 2x Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 (RAID 0)

HDDs 2: 2x Samsung SP0411N (one internal, one in Akasa usb drive bay)

PSU: recently acquired OCZ ModStream 520W

DVD-W: Pioneer 111D

CASE: CoolerMaster Centurion 534 (two 120mm fans)

MONITOR: Sony HS95P 19" LCD

You need to make a signature with detailed system specs per the rules you agreed to. Without it we don't even know what motherboard you are using MBM with.

I don't know what happened. The signature did not show. I did have it properly configured. Please take a look at it now.

Adjusting fan type and divider settings is the only way to configure MBM for your fans. There should be a combination that displays the correct value.There should only be 3 fan speed sensors to select from. The motherboard is capable of only monitoring 3 of the fans.

Sorry guys, I don't have time to read through all 1,600+ posts...can anyone tell me if MBM5 can be made to work with the RDX200? I'm starting to work on Prime stability now and I wanna have something going in the system tray 24/7 while I'm priming so I can be watching my CPU temp.

Whether it's MBM5 or speedfan...something would help.

Sorry to be offtopic...but do you know if it's possible to get Speedfan working, I'm having a similar issues to others where the system will shut down when I load speedfan or any sandra dianostics information and I'd really like to have access to it. Everything worked with my Ultra-D awhile ago but no-go with the RDX200.