10/100mbps Home Network

Vampire

Well I have a home network setup between 2 computers, how do I tell the speed at which it is running at? They both have 10/100Mbps cards and share files and net connection. If mine is at 10, how do I change it to 100? I want to get max performance.

Well I have a home network setup between 2 computers, how do I tell the speed at which it is running at? They both have 10/100Mbps cards and share files and net connection. If mine is at 10, how do I change it to 100? I want to get max performance.

I believe they should automatically adjust to the higher speed.

Ask the manufacturer's technical support group.

you also will not be able to use up all of the bandwidth specified. there will always be headers, that will prevent you from being able to send and receive at the ideal bandwidth.

(in Win XP) Another way to find out what speed your network connection is currently set up for is by right clicking the "My Network Places" -> Properties-> right click your Lan adapter -> "Status".

this section will tell you

Duration: However long you've been connected

Speed: The speed your connection is operating at. 100.0Mbps or 10.0Mbps.

As long as you have both lan cards setup to as full auto negotiate, or full duplex mode, you won't have to worry about the speed dropping down to 10Mbps.

so basically to get the full 100mbps then you need to enable full duplex? I'm only getting 10mbps... How can I get it up to 100mbps? I'm using a lucent dsl modem/router called a dslpipe.

Ok, now I've run into another block... I set my base to 100 and it says that the network cable is disconnected... Is the base what matters? On hardware default it works perfectly...

Edited by Inu_Yasha