Monitoring temps of the NF 4 Ultra D

I have been trying to find a way to monitor temps on my board while running Prime95 for example.

I have Evertest but it indicates motherboard temps higher than CPU temps.

Sandra has it correct I believe, but Sandra doesn't update the readings as time passes.

On the MSI Neo Plat I used the Core Cell utility, to view temps and voltages, even though the temps were not very accurate.

Do you know what might work on our DRI Nf4 boards?

sparx

I have been trying to find a way to monitor temps on my board while running Prime95 for example.

I have Evertest but it indicates motherboard temps higher than CPU temps.

Sandra has it correct I believe, but Sandra doesn't update the readings as time passes.

On the MSI Neo Plat I used the Core Cell utility, to view temps and voltages, even though the temps were not very accurate.

Do you know what might work on our DRI Nf4 boards?

sparx

Yes, have you tried smart guardian? It should be on the cd supplied w/ mobo.

I looked and looked and I couldn't find any program with the cd that came with my mobo. I'm using Speedfan, it graphs out your temperatures too.

I don't know which one is the CPU though, I know temp 1 can't be but it is either temp 2 or 3. Either way, my load temp has been at 49*C.

Edit: I just installed Smart Guardian and it says that my CPU is only at 31 degrees celcius! Everest displays my CPU at around 42 degrees celcius and speedfan displays it at 45 degrees (2nd sensor). Talk about variety! Which one should I trust?

What does PWM IC stand for?

I looked and looked and I couldn't find any program with the cd that came with my mobo. I'm using Speedfan, it graphs out your temperatures too.

I don't know which one is the CPU though, I know temp 1 can't be but it is either temp 2 or 3. Either way, my load temp has been at 49*C.

Edit: I just installed Smart Guardian and it says that my CPU is only at 31 degrees celcius! Everest displays my CPU at around 42 degrees celcius and speedfan displays it at 45 degrees (2nd sensor). Talk about variety! Which one should I trust?

What does PWM IC stand for?

Where did you get "Smart Guardian"?

sparx

Thanks for the help, I found and installed Smart Guardian.

And of course it leads to another question.

There are three temps displayed on Smart Guardian. I don't understand what: PWMIC is. I see PWM in the BIOS Health area. There are settings for fan header #2 in relation to PWM. If you know what it is please post. When running Prime95 the temp for PWMIC hits around 59 and turns RED. Maybe I can add a fan, if I know where!

sparx

Thanks WhereWaldo-

Must be important enough to have a fan header (#2) dedicated to it? The #2 fan header is adjacent to the PS ports near the back of the board. The power ATXconnectior is clear on the other side of the board. :confused:

sparx