NF4 memory support list

That's all ready a pretty long list for a board that young. They been busy dudes.

Could be they have decided to not bother testing stuff that it isn't generally available such as the much honored and loved Mushkin Black Level II BH-5. :)

unobtainium and all that

Gel | atinousFury - Hey a big WELCOME to the Forum at ya to start with.

How does the Mushkin BH-5 work on the NF4?

Any tips on settings/mem timings? I will be assembliong my rig this weekend and would appreciate any input. .

Thanks for the warm welcome! I will be receiving about half the items in my sig on Thursday from Newegg so I too will be building my rig this weekend. I went ahead and made my sig just in case any issues arise :) That way I can get to posting instead of setting up my sig and whatnot. I've come across a few threads that have said that the Ultra-D plays nice with the "legendary" BH-5 (the posters were using Mushkin in 1 thread, another brand in the other thread), so I've got my fingers crossed!! One of the reasons I chose this board was the fact that so many people are ordering it (which means more people to help each other out if an issue arises).

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got 2 x 512 Mushkin Lvl II 3500 in my NF4 SLI-DR. Haven't pushed it hard yet, but it's running fine using the BH-5 settings in the pic below (poached from a futuremark discussion on the subject).

I'm running @ 3.0V now, and prime95, stress cpu, Super Pi, all 3DMarks and my games all run solid. Memtest (from the 2.09 bios) fails in test #8 though (this could be a board incompat with memtest or it may need more vdimm).

Running with bank interleave on.

nf4bios.png

It seems like memory in these boards take more voltage to run stable, correct? I'm running 2.7v (overclocked) on my NF7-S v2 right now and you're running 3.0v at stock speed (as per your sig)?

Or did I miss something :)

Also, are you using the 3.3v or 5v setup for your vdimm?

No you're not missing anything, that's pretty much what I've noticed too. I'm not as mad keen as most of these ram enthusiast's, but I have always had and searched for quality sticks. I've never been able to, or needed to run anywhere near 3v before. The most my NF2 board could do what 2.8v and I used to run this ram at the same timings same speed.

I haven't opted for the 4v jumpers yet, I'll see what I can do up to 3.2v first.

i had a hard time when first set up my system because for some reason my nf4 ultra-d doesn't like my hyperx KHX3500 BH5. it booted up ok in default cmos but couldn't save any changes in bios. after that i tried booting with a pair of gay twinmos sticks and i had no problems. following a suggestion of RGone i tried booting with 2,8V on the BH5. problem solved! anyway i didn't have much time yet to test the BH5 thoroughly but as soon as i do so i'll keep you informed (in case anybody is interested :D )

Im sure there will B... A lot enthusiasts swear by OCZ so if U have an incompatibility with the DDR 3200 EL Plat ver. 2 as a Enthusiast MoBo-maker Ure not only shoting yourself in the foot - Ure acctually aiming for the knee :D

Guest eva2000
I've got 2 x 512 Mushkin Lvl II 3500 in my NF4 SLI-DR. Haven't pushed it hard yet, but it's running fine using the BH-5 settings in the pic below (poached from a futuremark discussion on the subject).

I'm running @ 3.0V now, and prime95, stress cpu, Super Pi, all 3DMarks and my games all run solid. Memtest (from the 2.09 bios) fails in test #8 though (this could be a board incompat with memtest or it may need more vdimm).

Running with bank interleave on.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/graham.phillips200/nf4bios.png

99.999999999999999999% sure the test #8 error is because of default 217 and 218 bios settings for Twtr already set at 1 and/or Trc being set at 7. Both are pretty tight at those values.. back them off to Twtr = 2 and Trc = 9 or 10 = http://i4memory.com/showthread.php?t=327

Also bank interleave in some cases when enabled will require more vdimm to get stable than if bank interleave was disabled

I agree with Frallan

Serious oversight

anything we can do ?

bios upgrades don't do a damn thing to fix the problem.

Ditch it and go MSI me thinks ?

which bios mate, try my tip above about loosening those advance timings